I'm Super Confused?? (Pic added on OP)

MissMandieMitz

Mommy of 2 :)
Reaction score
So I was on this other pregnancy forum. Just stumbled upon it literally like 2 minutes ago...so I know nothing about the person in question.

But anyways, there's this one lady whos signature has a ticker that says she's 29+ weeks pregnant and underneath of it it says "OMG!!! I'm having IRISH TWINS!!!" and below that there's ANOTHER ticker that says she's 7+ weeks pregnant.

Is this even possible?? I thought Irish Twins meant that you had two babies in less than a 12 month period? I thought it was IMPOSSIBLE to get pregnant with a baby if you're already pregnant??

I have no idea if it's just a joke or whatever...but I'm just curious if this could actually be possible? Surely it can't, right?

:dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh:

ETA: I guess I should've stated that she also already has a 9 month old apparently.

Attachments

• hmmm.JPG
    hmmm.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 150
Apparently it's a derogatory term too - which makes sense now I think about it.

I somewhere heard (I think on telly) about one lady getting pregnant with one baby, but on her 12 week scan she had 2 heartbeats. From what I understood, she got pregnant, but a month later she ovulated again (despite being pregnant) and concieved once again... So she was having (or had, I don't remember now) 2 babies, and one of them was theoretically 4 weeks younger then the other...

I don't know if this is possible... But that is what I saw on telly... So maybe it is possible to get pregnant while you are already pregnant?

OMG This thread really intrigued me, i googled it and found this!

https://multiples.about.com/od/glossary/g/superfetation.htm

well, Irish twins means two children born to the same mother within 12 months, or the same calender year of each other.

I want to find this ticker though. Maybe it means that 'baby' is 29+ weeks old and she is 7+ weeks pregnant? that would mean that the new baby could be born before the first child's birthday. (conceived when baby was 22 weeks old + 40 weeks pregnancy = 52 weeks)

Angledust might have solved the mystery with maths :D

Irish twins isn't a derogatory term though.
What you think about people getting pregnant twice in one year is one thing, but it doesn't influence the whole meaning of the term.

i seen a woman on the news a while ago who was born with 2 wombs and got pregnant in both of them within a few months of each other!!

imagine, your just getting over one birth then another one comes along a few weeks/months later!!!

My coffee just landed all over my keyboard!
Never heard that before.

We can agree to disagree there.
I from an irish family, with several 'irish twins' - just because some website says it's derogatory, doesn't make it so (as I think I explained in my original post)

well, Irish twins means two children born to the same mother within 12 months, or the same calender year of each other.

I want to find this ticker though. Maybe it means that 'baby' is 29+ weeks old and she is 7+ weeks pregnant? that would mean that the new baby could be born before the first child's birthday. (conceived when baby was 22 weeks old + 40 weeks pregnancy = 52 weeks)

I don't think so! I guess I should've added that she already has a 9 month old. I'm going to take a screen shot of her signature and upload it, lol.

Well her 9 month old and her 29 week pregnancy would result in Irish twins.

So I guess the 7 weeks is a mistake.

There is no way, biologically, that she can possibly carry a 29 week foetus and a 7 week embryo. Hormones just would not allow it, even though it can happen very rarely with a second egg being fertilised, the only cases that were proven were where fertilisation had taken place 3 weeks apart, and that was artificially achieved. Besides that, when the 29 week was being born, her uterus would abort the then 18 week foetus.

Although, some species of shark continue to release fertilised eggs to feed the shark foetus already developing, maybe she is a shark?

Ive never heard of this before :confused:

yep! I vote for you asking her coz you've got us all curious now :rofl: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"