I'm supposed to be happy here but instead, in tears. Early scan today.

Lizzyxxx

No.3 On the way!
Reaction score
I had an early scan today, I was 7 weeks 1 day.
She dated me at 6 weeks 2 days now, baby had a heartbeat of 125bpm! Baby measured 5.6mm but....
She noted a 'bleed' just above the sac, you can see it on photo.
She said not to worry if I haven't been bleeding but I can't help but not worry after reading about Subchrionic Haematoma and now I'm not sure what to do!?
Bleed is 9mm is size.
I want to be happy but instead I'm upset and worried :(

Attachments

• PhotoCrop_2015-06-29_01-31-52-PM.jpg
    PhotoCrop_2015-06-29_01-31-52-PM.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 22
I had a bleed similar to that show up in one of my early scans- I did bleed, but I now have a healthy and beautiful nearly 2 year old boy! If the sonographer said not to worry then try not to, I'm sure she would have said if she thought it was a bigger issue.xxx

I'm really scared, wish she hadn't told me, she put ?bleed next to the picture of it. She said some ladies walk around with this and not realise if not had a scan.

Sorry for your worries, if it makes you feel any better I had a likely SCH with my DS that I did not know about until I was about 30 weeks and went through my chart. I was kind of angry that no one told me, not my dr, midwife or the tech! I had to read it myself. I suppose i would have just worried though. Obviously everything was fine, never had a bleed and now have a healthy 9 month old.

I have am area of bleed too. Im now nearly 15 weeks and have been bleeding since 10 weeks. I bled a huge amount at 10weeks and wish id known this may happen as i thought i was experiencing another loss. Many bleeds go on their own between 12-20 weeks hun, try not to worry x

I was 8 weeks when I suddenly started bleeding, turned out I too had a pocket of blood (caused by separation of the sac) and had left a pocket the same size as yours. I continued bleeding on and off for a few weeks, was told it would most probably disappear by my 20 week scan and it had (tiny bit left hardly noticeable, nothing to worry about). I am 25 weeks now and constantly check but haven't bled since week 18. I agree with previous poster though, I would have preferred to have known about it so at least I would have known what was happening at the time, and you might never bleed. My midwife said some sonographers choose to tell but others don't so not to worry women, but if it were me I'd rather know then I could feel prepared (ish! As best you can I guess for something horrible like that). Try not to worry too much, keep asking for measurements at scans just to check its progressx

I had bleeds on my scans too in two of my three pregnancies, thankfully I experienced no bleeding and both times it was gone by 16 weeks :) I know it seems scary, but keep positive, lots of people have this and the majority go on to have healthy babies xx

As others have said, if it wasn't for the scans and being told I would have never known!

I too had a SCH, with my son and one massive bleed at eight weeks. He just turned two

I had 2 SCH's and bled from weeks 5-10. The larger one was about the size of yours. One was still present on my scans at 24 weeks. I still spot do occasionally but both of my babies are thriving.

Sorry to jump on your post but those with the sh did they check your hcg levels and if so was they still doubling or only going up slightly?

No my hgc levels weren't checked so no idea sorry

I've had bleeds in all but my first pregnancy. I have had three pregnancies besides this one, and I have three healthy children. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->