I'm sure Charlie's got chicken pox

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
There are 7 kids off with it at his nursery. When i was bathing him last night, I counted 11 small red spots, but this morning he's got far more, and 3 of them have already turned into blisters. One on the back of his left knee is massive!

I had them when I was a child, so I'm okay (and so is baby). Kayleigh and Stu have both had them, so they're okay. But my poor little man.:cry:

But we had a 2nd birthday party tomorrow, and a 4th birthday party next week. It means we won't get to see SIL as her baby is only a few weeks old. DH's best friends baby is only a fortnight old and we were due to help them move house next week. I've been off work with a stinking cold this week, so have to go in next week. I just can't take any time off! Bloody inconvenient spots!!! :hissy:

What do they recommend these days to help with the itching? I take it it's not the dreadful calamine anymore?

:hugs: im not sure what to recommened , havnt been there myself with my kids. I hope it clears up soon hun :hugs:

Aww poor little guy, poor you as well :hugs:
I'm sorry to say it is still calomine but now you can get it in a cream rather than the lotion so it doesn't dry out and be extra itchy

Thanks Jo, I'm just off to the chemist now.:hugs:

Sorted out next week already with the parents, inlaws and 2 days off. Just got the following week to sort! :dohh:

It's much better to get them out of the way when they're young. My friend (22) had them earlier this year and she was really poorly with it. My Mum was so keen for my sister to get them that she put her and my brother in a sleeping bag together! Needless to say even after picking mine (yuck!) she still hasn't had them.

Glad you've got it sorted for childcare next week, hope the week after gets sorted as easily! :)

:hugs: Poor little guy! But it's better for them to go through it young.

I thought they weren't infectious once the spots appeared?

They need to stop appearing and crust over Marley, whilst they are still at the "wet looking" stage you can still get them

Poor lads covered in them already. They seem to be popping out by the minute. He's gone one in his ear, one in the corner of his eye and 4 on his scalp.:cry: He's just gone bed, so I'm dreading to think what I'm going to see when he wakes up.

Oh and Jo - I got the cream, thanks hunnie.:hugs:

Poor little guy, hope he gets better soon though.

Although, I must say it's alot better to have them young, they can be deadly (literally) in adults!

Poor lads covered in them already. They seem to be popping out by the minute. He's gone one in his ear, one in the corner of his eye and 4 on his scalp.:cry: He's just gone bed, so I'm dreading to think what I'm going to see when he wakes up.

Oh and Jo - I got the cream, thanks hunnie.:hugs:

Oh poor little guy, i hope not many more have appeared overnight
Jack had loads appear on his bits, so watch out for that hun, with him being in a nappy still he may need nappy free time to dry them out a bit.

I'm glad you got the cream it is so much nicer than the lotion i think, though Jack hated it as it was so cold

Aww poor charlie, hope he is better soon.

I have had C.Pox twice too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"