Im sure she thinks i dont know what im doing.

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
we went to grahams(hubby) parents for the weekend and OMG, we got there friday lunch time and by friday evening i was pulling my hair out.

like the title says,

Im sure she (MIL) thinks i dont know what im doing.

everything i done that involved doing something or for joshua she would watch me like she was making sure i was doing it right.

ive told her over and over again that joshua goes to bed at 7 (usually awake) and he doesnt make a sound unless hes dropped his dummy and then he only grunts and grones,but no i put him up to bed at 7 and she was up and down all night checking on him.
she kept saying ooh thats him again (even though we had the baby monitors on) and it wasnt him he was soundO.

aarh im getting angry just typing this sorry.

the like ive told her loads of times,he wakes for a bottle at 2ish then again at 6ish then we get up at 7.
so when he woke up for his 6 o'clock bottle on saturday morning she comes into our bedroom at 6:30 without nocking,bare in mind i was topless as i cant sleep in anything else. saying 'ooh can u cope with him,is he alright and ill take him so u can have a few more hours sleep.
this got right on my nerves,i said no coz i was awake and ready to get up.

joshua has been in this rountine sine about 2 weeks old so i am now used to not alot of sleep and im in the routine myself.

then on saturday morning i was giving joshua his bottle and everyone else was having their breakfast and she couldnt eat hers any quicker,she made me toast(if u can call it toast,it was more like warm bread) and she only done me it coz she wanted joshua. -this annyoyed me coz its not life frettening*sp?* that i dont get my breakfast at a certain time,my baby come first if i dont get breakfast i dont get it.

then later in the day on saturday she was giving him his bottle again and he was drinking it,not messing with it so he wanted it and after 3oz (he has 6oz) she took it away from him,and when u do that he stresses. he was crying like mad coz he wanted his bottle and she would not give it to him.
she kapt saying 'ooh i know u have got a bellyach,you've had too much too eat.

i tried to tell her that he wanted his bottle but she wouldnt have it and telling me he had a bellyache.
then she passed joshua to hubbys dad and the first thing he done was give him his bottle and yeah he drank it all.

i can go on all day but dont want to bore you.

sorry just a rant.

but yeah im sure she thinks i dont know what im doing or can cope.

x

Ah the joys of grandparents.

Sounds like she just wants to spend more time with him.... can be very frustrating.

It will get easier in time.

Hang in there.

:hugs:

:hug: Agree with the above. When we see my MIL no one gets to hold Hannah but her (I had to physically take Hannah back last time she was over, telling her it was mommy's turn--the look on her face was classic :rofl:)

i absolutely hate it when people think they know what alexa wants even though i tell them thats not what she wants. sometimes you just have to be blunt and remind them you are the parent.

what a nightmare...i wouldn't have been able to keep quiet...you are a saint, i'd have slapped her, metaphorically (I hope) lol

I would be unimpressed too!

that sounds like my grandma, they know better and no one will let them tell different.

i dont mind her having time with him but walking into our room without without nocking takes the p**s.i was topless for goodness sake.

i just feel that i cant trust anyone with him apart from me and hubby x

Ah! my mil is the same though. She thinks she knows everything about babies. My baby wants feeding every 1-2 hours all day all night and when he's awake he would cry for milk ( he always puts his hand in his mouth and sucks it ) and she just keep saying "he's not hungry ,you know" "he's got tummy ache thats why he's crying", or "he doesn't want food ,you know, he had enough" or "don;t feed him,you just giving him more wind" ( he was gassy but what should i do, if he's hungry i got to feed him and i tried my best to wind him.
bla bla bla

sorry for another rant. I think they might just want to help but they don';t know when to leave us alone. this is not their babies.

MIL's don't u just love em!! :dohh:
hope it get's better soon hunni, i no how frustrating it can be :hug:

i dont mind her having time with him but walking into our room without without nocking takes the p**s.i was topless for goodness sake.

Sounds familiar! I was feeding Skyler and was just sitting in my panties in my bedroom when MIL walked in to come and see him. She knew I was feeding him and then stared at my breasts!! I told her I'm feeding him would you mind waiting in living room until I'm finished? Yeah,I had to be blunt.She does not understand subtle hints.

So...when are we chartering that 747 and shipping out the MIL's?:rofl:

Sounds familiar! I was feeding Skyler and was just sitting in my panties in my bedroom when MIL walked in to come and see him. She knew I was feeding him and then stared at my breasts!! I told her I'm feeding him would you mind waiting in living room until I'm finished? Yeah,I had to be blunt.She does not understand subtle hints.

So...when are we chartering that 747 and shipping out the MIL's?:rofl:

as soon as possible.

I can sympathize 'cept it is MY mom in my case. But it all sounds so familiar. Frustrating as it is I'm sure that she just wants to spend time cuddling LO...

:hug:

Mine would do this but I breastfeed so if I get sick of her breathing all over my baby I snatch baby back and say they need feeding:rofl:. She absolutely hates breastfeeding and once mentioned (before I had kids) that she found it perverse and disgusting:hissy:. If I ever went off to feed one of my babies she waould say (in a really sarcastic manner)

"did they have a nice feed"

Aaaaaaaaargh she really grates me....she wouldn't ask that if they'd had a bottle would she? (no offence babe, I know you bottle feed.... you know what I mean though don't you?)

I can totally sympathise with you sweetie. Just wait until your baby gets a bit older and she tried to give you out of date weaning advice. Make sure you tell her that it's not recommended anymore and have a weaning book with you to back up your case....maybe then she'll realise that she's not the bloody know it all that she thinks she is:finger: (oops, sorry):rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->