I'm terrified to get excited...

amanda111308

Mama to 3 boys
Reaction score
Hi ladies, ok so this is not my first rodeo but I have come to realize that I am expecting my third child today. I have had past miscarriages and I get a gutt wrenching fear gripping me everytime I use the washroom that I will wipe and find blood. I want to be happy and excited about this baby but I can't shake the worry of getting attached and then getting heart broken. I am almost 5 weeks along according to my LMP and the 12 week "safe zone" feels SO FAR AWAY!!

Totally normal!
I’m 13 weeks on Friday and although I have had tons of scans already I’m still checking when I go the loo!
I don’t think that feeling goes till you start feeling baby move

Right there with you Hun. I'm trying to be excited but I know I'm holding back as I'm expecting the worst and kind of mentally preparing just in case. I didn't handle
My past miscarriage well and even when I was pg with ds I didn't relax all the way through, had umpteen scans and I think this is what made me go into early labour.
Now I'm in the zone of I'm not getting excited and what will be will be, morose yes but only way I can keep myself sane ATM

Yeah with you too! 39 and 4 weeks pregnant with #4. History of miscarriage too but I am scared. I have turned into a crazy testing lady. Good luck, hoping for a h&h 9 months x

I don't personally have a history of known miscarriages. With my dd i had consistent positives but was testing at least once a week. With her she was my first known pregnancy and I had implantation spotting so I was constantly checking. Now I have had my second ever bfp and my symptoms come and go. I'm just over 5 weeks maybe just over and I'm terrified of a miscarriage even though I know most pregnancies end well I can't get attached till after my first appointment and even then I worry. Luckily I only have to wait a couple weeks and I will have some reassurance but man early pregnancy is torture. Anyway the point is you are not alone

ive got an app on Thursday for an early scan. I know at this stage I may not see anything but possibly a sac but I can deal with that as long as it's in the right place. My biggest fear ATM is an eptopic and as I only have one tube it's freaking me out a bit. Will update on Thursday, fx it's all ok

:hugs: Just know that a lot of else felt that fear every bathroom trip early on, too. Literally I checked for blood EVERY single time I wiped. Or when I would feel a random wetness down there, I'd rush to go check.

I wish I could say that weeks go by quick, but it's not always the case, especially the more worried you are. You just have to try to force yourself to be optimistic.

I’m just about to be 20 weeks and still check for blood when I wipe.

Quite often I think the more you know, the harder it is to relax. This is my 4th pregnancy(third baby, first pregnancy ended in mc) and I now know so much more, have heard so many stories of things happening to women I know, that I am still worrying now. With my second pregnancy once I was past the initial scan I was fine, but this time I know more, and worry more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->