I'm too sensitive

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Caramel, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Caramel

Caramel Mummy to a cheeky monkey

Just been told by DH that I take everything the wrong way. Well of course I do, does he not get I'm pregnant? I'm sensitive about everything and anything people say to me. I know it's irrational, but why does he not understand that when I'm taking something the wrong way I need support and reassurance, not shouting at :cry:

2. booflebump

booflebump Mummy to Toby

Oh sweetie - it definately wont be helping you if he is being a meanie when you are having a wee pregnant moment to yourself. Maybe just ask him to think before he speaks when you are not being yourself, and try to understand why you feel this way - its not his normal gf - its his normal gf and the hormone monsters xxx

3. Boothh

Boothh Jesse, Teddy and 4 angels

i think all men make this mistake, OH constantly says things to get on my nerves and makes out im just being a b*tch, i had a long talk with my pg friend last night and we were comparing similaritys between OHs behaviours,
    we just came to the conclusion they think they arnt getting enough attention anymore, and act like idiots, which doesnt help with us being all hormonal, i think its probably abit of both sides, bt you got excuse and he doesnt! dont worry, xxx

4. Tam

Tam Mum of 2 - PG with No.3

:hugs: Tell him to give you a bit of lee way and to stop or tell others to button it, when he sees you are getting aggitated!! x

5. Lorien

Lorien Well-Known Member

Maybe try having the conversation with him just like you told us in your post, but do it when you're not fighting so that you can be calm and explain it without getting emotional. I find men tend to be a little harsher when dealing with an emotional woman (which is assbackwards from where they ought to be, but there you go).