Im Upset :(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by LilPrincessXx, Sep 6, 2009.

1. LilPrincessXx

LilPrincessXx Well-Known Member

Hiya im sorry but im really upset my son keeps calling his nan, mummy and me nan its really confusing :( i dont know what do xx

2. charliejo

charliejo Well-Known Member

Dont get too upset, just correct him- its all part of learning x x

3. alibaba24

alibaba24 Well-Known Member

this happened with my neice she kept on calling my mum ..mum..i think they just get in the habbit of saying mummy mummy when theyr wanting attention or something they just say it without actually thinking"wait thats my nana not mummy" my neice is 7 and still does it sometimes you just have to correct him it will sort out in time

xx

4. mrsmac

mrsmac mummy of 2

Sometimes they think its funny because they are getting a bigger reaction outta doing it the wrong way around !!
    My little boy called me dad and my hubby mum just because we laughed the 1st time he done it, he carried it on for weeks because it was driving me mad and i kept on correcting him ( if i had of ignored it he prob wud have forgot after a hour )

Kids eh !!!!

5. Buffy71

Buffy71 Mummy to Harriet!

Don't forget he also hears you call her mum and mummy so will copy you. Xxx

6. tootsy1987

tootsy1987 Abbi and Alfie - My World

7. Jchihuahua

Jchihuahua Mummy to 3

I teach reception and I lose count of the number of times I get called mummy during the course of the day, just because they are in the habit of saying that. Mums tell me they also sometimes call their mums by my name :lol:!

8. xolily

xolily Well-Known Member

my best friends little boy refuses to call her mum .. he calls her by her name, Sherrona, and his nan and grandad by their names, Marge and Bern... it was funny at first but because he's had so much attention from doing it .. he does it all the more! little sod lol x

9. mrskx0x0

mrskx0x0 Scarlett's Mummy

My sister used to call me Mum when we were out (I secretly liked it but corrected her all the same because I felt guilty), I think it's just a playing around thing. And as Buffy said if you call your Mum Mum then he may be confused/ think it's okay. My Mum always called her Mum Grandma when I was around right up to when she passed away in January.