I'm waiting and preparing... Is HE?

aussieGAL

Reaction score
Thanks for reading, sorry about the eye catching slogan, but I really do need some help on this.
Ok so Im going to start at the beginning, bare with me!
So last month my period came extremely late( more then three weeks), witch made me very nervous, I already have a long cycle about 31-35 days long (about a week longer then everyone else I know, whose cycle goes a month), so I stopped my hormonal birth control because I was curious to see excaxly what my cycle would do naturally, I also bought some ovulation stripes and a basal thermometer, so I could see if that was happening and when it dose happen naturally for me. I also in this process bought some condoms for my husband, witch in the past he has used and at the very least he would 'pull out'.
So now we are getting to the crunch of the matter, He wont use ANY method! let me explain, when we have been doing the deed I got the condoms before the act and have explain quite explicitly that im not on the pill and that if dose not use them I may fall pregnant, so he is not under any illusions of misunderstanding of what is going and he still says he dosent want too use them. So yesterday evening I bought up the idea of getting a diaphragm if he dosent like the feeling of the condoms and he seemed almost panicked. His wording was " So you went off the pill, starting sticking a thermometer up your ******, so you can go on a semi permanent contraception?", I them explain that the diaphragm was not an IUD and was a barrier method, he then made some jokes about him being confuse about the diaphragm in my body ect, we then progressed to anatomy lesson, he then giggled then wondered off.
OK so I'm at the end now. What dose he want? Are we currently trying to conceive, is he just on the fence at the moment? In the past, even the recent past he has said he dose want too be TTC right now, but have talked about working health wise toward in the next, ie changing health insurance, increasing exercise and have consultants with a doctor.
So the end is; What is going on? Is he trying to slightly start TTC without having too fully comit or what?
Thank you for your time and help, Ill be waiting patiently for your reply
Kirstin

This is exactly how my son was conceived, he knew I wanted to TTC but he doesn't do big, emotional talks... So it happened exactly as you described! (He also was never under any illusions and knew what would happen)

Not really any advice but didn't want to read n run. I think maybe he is ready to try and is maybe just wanting to leave it to nature instead of full on "trying"
Personally I think for men its very hard tbh. They are not in controll n for men i think temping, charting etc.. gets boring n goes over their heads. They just wanna dtd n you be pregnant. Dont forget that men are huge on having "good swimmers" lmao

So I would just go with the flow if thats what he wants to do. N yay for you that means your now ttc :happydance:

I think you need to talk, explain that you need to know what he wants. You need to know that it's what he wants otherwise it could be awkward if it happens, I know he knows theres a chance you could get pregnant, but if you actually both say thats what you want then at least you know you're on the same page. It might be that he's just worried about the pressure of scheduled sex for ttc. If you're both ready but he wants that non-pressure ttc, maybe compromise some NTNP for a bit? xxxx

That kind of sounds like what we'd call Not Trying, Not Preventing (NTNP). Just letting nature take its course!

When are you planning to TTC and what are your reasons for waiting? Sounds like perhaps you should just NTNP while you track for the purposes of getting more familiar with your cycles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->