Im worried :( *Rhesus Neg!*

xpinkness87x

Reaction score
Well today i got my letter through from the doctors about my blood test results and they have told me that im Rhesus Neg!

I had a MC at 6 weeks (told that it might have been chemical) earlier in the year. And in the leaflet they gave me it said that i could have the anitbodies due to having a MC!! Surely that would have been picked up with the blood test also?

Hi Hun, sorry I can't be any use with the question......but maybe they thought there was no need to tell you/mention it. I'm not really sure!

I'm rh neg too, and only found out when my bloodtest came back. I guess they tell you because you have to know. I'm not too worried about it.

Firstly stop panicing it's nothing to worry about.

You will get given anti D injections at 28/34 weeks and after the birth. Basically if you have had a baby with rhesus + blood (miscarriage or not) then there is a chance that it's blood crossed into your blood stream and therefore your body would think of it as a type of infection and thus try to kill the cells. The fact that you have got this far mean that either the blood didn't mix or your baby had the same blood type as you. The injections are given to protect any future pregnancies that you may have in case that this babies blood mixes with yours when you give birth.

Thank you all :) I thought i might be worrying to much!!

Its just i have a high risk pregnancy any with my heart etc. But the doctors etc know what they are doing. so im in the best place seeing them etc!

When I had my mc last year I was given an anti-D but only because I had a medical management. The nurses said they wouldn't have given it if it had been a natural mc.

I'm sure if there was a problem it would have been spotted long before now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->