IM worried

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Mummi2b, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Mummi2b

Mummi2b x Mummy to Adrhianna x

so im nearly 15 weeks preg and i was worrying if anything can do wrong like a miscarriage is a much bigger chance oin the 1st 12 weeks but im worried of anything can go wrong??:hug::hug:

2. nataliecn

nataliecn Mommy to Grady and WTT!

that's normal... i'm nearly 18 weeks, and one of the girls has to talk to me daily to make my paranoia stop.
    once you start feeling that baby move around (which i haven't yet...) it will start to be easier for you ..

3. pinkmac85

pinkmac85 Mom & pregnant with #2

We all go through that stage hun! It took me until about 17 weeks to really feel pregnant and even then I don't feel it all the time! Some days my tummy is rock hard other days its soft and mushy and I start to panic! Just give it some time and a few more weeks or until you feel the first movements :)

4. porkpie1981

porkpie1981 Well-Known Member

I have a scan and feel ok for a few days then panic again. Until i see this baby born and ok i dont think i will stop it :hugs:

5. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

There's no point fretting about it b/c at the end of the day there's nothing you can do about it. Miscarriage is your bodies way of telling you that the baby just wasn't meant to be and however hard it is you must try and not stress about it. Anyway, I bet everything will be just fine and you have a healthy and happy pregnancy.

6. Lois

Lois Me, OH, Evie & Joseph

It really is very normal to feel paranoid about something going wrong...we love our babies yet we can't take a look at them and check on them when we want to, it's bound to lead to some worrying. That's likely to get easier as your pregnancy goes on (I know I'm a lot more relaxed now than I was 10 weeks ago).

If your midwife/GP/consultant/sonographer has not suggested there is anything to worry about and you are not having any unusual symptoms then chances are all is well. Statistically you are far more likely to have a healthy, event-free pregnancy... And as you say you are already past the most risky stage for miscarriage.

Try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy if you can.

Lx

7. Deeper Blue

Deeper Blue Well-Known Member

I think we will all be worrying about our babies for the rest of our lives, whether they are a 16 week bean or a 25 year old lad. The important thing is to not let it stop you enjoying the wonderful thing it is to be pregnant and have children. *HUGS*

8. Happy

Happy Mummy to Phoebe

I've been the same as well, I think having the internet has made it much worse as you can look things up. I wont relax until I actually see my baby when he/she has been born but then we have the rest of our lives to worry about them!

9. Fossey

Fossey Mummy to Larissa

Totally normal I think we will worry about anything and everything right up until they are adults and beyond!!!

10. lillysmum

lillysmum Mum of 2 cheeky monkeys

its totally natural to worry and i think everyone does but pretty much for nothing

11. danni2609

danni2609 Guest

Its normal to worry i still do!!

12. Louise-B

Louise-B Mummy to Kitty + preg

It is normal to worry - I know I do constantly, although the last couple of days I have been feeling the LO move :)happydance:) so I am getting a little more relaxed and settling into it all now! Hopefully you'll start to feel a bit less worried as the weeks go by...

13. icculcaz

icculcaz mum of 3 monsters

aye its normal to worry hun. the chances decrease daily im let to believe. :)

14. princessellie

princessellie Pregnant with #3

aww eh like everyone else has said its completely normal...as far as i have heard the risk of miscarriage goes down significantly after 16 weeks aswell so u can maybe stop worrying a bit then, i know with me i only stopped worrying at 24+weeks, purely cos now im worried about labour haha

u'll be fine hun, its natural to worry :hugs:

xxx

15. katieandbump

katieandbump Well-Known Member

I agree with the posts, once u feel bubba moving u relax more and tend to let the pregnancy take over. :) shouldnt be long now. xxxx

16. Momma2Violet

Momma2Violet Well-Known Member

I worried a great deal, as well, mostly because a friend had several still births--one at 8 months and that made the possibility more "real" for me. I was worried until I actually felt movement--now, not so much. In fact, it's uncanny how the constant little nagging in my head went away almost simultaneously with those first little "bubbles" I felt! It's easy to say don't worry, but try not to...stress makes your life so much worse, when you should be enjoying your pregnancy :)

17. hellotasha

hellotasha Loves Her Baby Girl. X

i was feeling the same as you & still do now, just take it easy hun you'll be fine :)
    xx

18. Katiex

Katiex Mummy to Jacob and WTT

i feel exactly the same, not felt any movement yet (i know there is a while yet) im worrying for when i go to midwife appointment next week as she is gonna let us listen to the heartbeat, that it might not be there...even though i have seen it on the screen when i had my scan. x