• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Immature egg number? Confused.

MummaQ

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am on my second IVF cycle and was really excited after egg retrieval because they got 20 eggs which for my AMA is pretty good I think. Then today we found out only 11 were mature and of those 9 fertilized. I don't know if this indicates a problem. I had fewer eggs (12 collected and 10 mature last time). I got pregnant last cycle and miscarried so I am just so nervous. My E2 was high (3900) so they said they expected a high number of mature eggs. I just don't know if this happens a lot re getting quite a few immature eggs?
Crossing my fingers and praying for some great quality blastocysts.
Sending baby dust to you all.

This used to happen to me, I used to get a good number of eggs but anything between 60% and 80% of them would be immature. My clinics answer would be to keep increasing stims till eventually I was on the maximum dose of menopur and yes I would produce more eggs but the amount immature would be the same. I only ever had 1 or 2 decent embryo's to use and never any to freeze. I felt that as the stims were increased the embryo quality got worse.

Any ways after 8 cycles we switched to donor eggs and were successful first time.

Remember you only need one good embryo to be successful but please monitor the medication as higher doses may mean more eggs but it may affect the quality. Good luck xxx

I had the same issue. First cycle we had 9 eggs, 5 made it to blastocyst. Second one we did higher stims, got 13 eggs, only had 2 embryos - all of poor quality. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"