Immunisations

MrsE

Reaction score
Well, first set of injections over with today for Thomas, poor little mite.

We ended up waiting 45 mins and he was due a feed anytime so I knew he'd start getting cranky.

The Dr checked him over, and gave us a prescription for calpol then we had to wait to see the nurse.
The nurse asked if he'd been weighed (12lb 9oz the little porker lol) and explained what injections he was having and he had one in each leg. He had a little cry but mainly because he was starving.

Then the nurse told us to wait in the reception for 15mins to make sure he didn't get a reaction, so I fed him there and he was sound asleep happy little man again...bless.

I think it didn't bother me because I knew what he'd been through at 9 days old when I had to hand him over for surgery on his little bits and he had the tiniest canula (sp?) in his little hand and stitches across his testicle.
That scared the bejesus out of me so much a little injection or two was nothing.

Just thought I'd share, lol.

Cx

Poor little man is being whingy and clingy :cry:

Just given him a dose of calpol as per Dr advise.

Cx

Aw sweetie, i HATE it when the babies have to have there jabs ...

Calpol best thing to do and lots of cuddles

xxx

Not looking forward to Wednesday. Charlotte and Tommy go for theirs.

Not bothered about the jabs. I think I've seen enough needles not to freak about them, but I am concerned about them being whingy and having to cope with them both.

Wish me luck!

Hope Thomas is feeling better tomorrow after a good nights sleep.

Aww bless him, yea when they have their jabs you feel so guilty seeing their little eyes water up and the look they give you as if to say "what are you doing to me mummy?" it makes me feel like crying every time lol. It's for the best anyway. :)

Hope he's ok now. :)

My poor little man :cry:

He's not doing too bad today, he woke at 3.50am for a feed and was so whingy and clingy and crying. He was really warm too but I checked his temp and it was ok 37.6 so I stripped him and gave him a big cuddle while we waited for his bottle and I gave him some more calpol.
Took me a while to get him to sleep after but he woke this morning at 6.30am all smiles...bless.

But he has a red lump on one leg and I've read the notes the nurse gave to me and it's perfectly normal so I'm just keeping him dosed up on calpol for 2-3 days and letting him sleep it off so he should be fine...until next month lol.

Helen, you'll be fine just hand out plenty of cuddles and keep the calpol ready just in case :hugs:

Cx

It's weird how babies can react differently, Bethanie hardly had a temperature on any of her injections, she was fine.. only one dose of calpol for all her immunisations.

aww bless him!!! i hope hes feeling better soon!

He's a lot better now, the redness has gone down but the hard lump is still there :hugs:
He slept a lot yesterday and went off his milk a little but he's vseems happier today.

Cx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->