Impact of weaning on weight

Discussion in 'Weaning & Nutrition' started by crazydiamond, May 31, 2011.

?

Did weaning result in your LO changing weight centile?

1. BLW - Yes increase in centile

2. BLW - No change in centle

3. BLW - Decrease in centile

4. TW - Yes increase in centile

5. TW - No change in centle

6. TW - - Decrease in centile

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. crazydiamond

crazydiamond Well-Known Member

I am wondering how weaning impacted your LO's weight and in particular whether there is any difference between BLW and TW. Did weaning result in any changes to the centile which your LO was following?

2. Wriggley

Wriggley Well-Known Member

i voted decrease but its not really decreased just the pase of him putting weight on his slowed down - hes not lost any weight just putting it on slower if that makes sence. thats but my LO still not eating THAT much of what we give him.

he is on 40 oz of milk thou which is prob playing a role in the amount hes eating - we are currently trying to drop 1 bottle

3. fairypop

fairypop Mummy to a lil' goblin

Hello

Similarly to Wriggley, the weight gain has slowed, normally he has put on 2lb a month, but the last month, when we have been weaning, he has just put a 1lb on, so that is good for us as he kept going higher and higher and not following a curve. He is above all the centiles for height and weight.... He dropped 2 bottles almost immediately which surprised me as he doesn't 'eat' that much! We are TW. He still has 26oz of milk a day

4. Nats21

Nats21 Well-Known Member

We TW and Callums still on the 9th centile same as when he only had milk xx

5. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

wriggley and fairypop - Their weight gain is supposed to slow down. If you look at the charts, you will see that they start to flatten out as your LO gets older.
    So, while Gabriel's weight gain has slowed down, it's still perfectly following the same percentile line.

6. lozzy21

lozzy21 Mummy to Niamh

Well there isent an option for me. At first it jumped right up and then she lost weight :dohh: Were TW

7. anna matronic

anna matronic Mummy to Evan :-)

No option for me as I didn't stick to TW for long. I also weaned Evan onto formula. First 5 weeks of weaning 11oz gain , second 5 weeks of weaning (ff) 2lbs3oz gain :rofl: