Impatiently waiting...

Eegee

Reaction score
My husband and I hadn't DTD in months because I bedshare with our daughter and so we never got a chance! However we finally got some time a few weeks ago and were both in the mood, and then we did it the same time the following two weeks (the last time was 31st July).

I'm still breastfeeding but I had AFs around March and April, about three and a half weeks apart, but nothing since. I was always irregular before getting pregnant too, probably due to my weight.

On Wednesday I felt quite uncomfortable, as though AF was coming, but it didn't arrive. Usually when I get that feeling it's there as soon as I go to the loo! Three days later and I've still got those uncomfortable feelings on and off, but still no sign. I have also been having random twinges and shooting pains inside my vagina, which I thought was odd. I didn't think too much of it, assuming I'd get AF soon enough, but then I looked at my past posts on this forum and discovered the symptoms for my last pregnancy... they included a bruised feeling 'down there' (on the outside), restless legs one night, occasional pains in my boobs and vivid dreams.

At that point I got a bit freaked out. The other night I couldn't sleep because my legs were so uncomfortable and it took ages to get settled, and I had an awful dream one night that was very vivid. My boobs have had the odd ache and pain, but I haven't thought about it too much with still breastfeeding as they haven't been 'normal' for ages, but then I've had all the aches and pains inside my lower abdomen too.

I've done two cheapie tests which were both negative (last night and Wednesday afternoon, both after not peeing or drinking much for a few hours), but this also happened last time - I ended up going to the doctor convinced I had cysts on my ovaries (I had been told I likely wasn't ovulating due to my irregular AFs) and he referred me for a scan but told me to take another test, and I got my BFP the following morning with a more expensive test.

From looking at my posts here, I posted about my symptoms on 5th Nov and got my BFP 12th Nov - and I think I ovulated/DTD on 23rd Oct. Based on that, I think I'll have to wait until next week to bother 'wasting' a more expensive test. My husband thinks I'm just being daft, but he thought that last time too :haha:

I just want to know what's going on - I'll be really surprised if I am, and it's not the ideal time (I was planning on going back on the pill but didn't want to be taking it if we were never DTD - when we finally did I decided I'd go on as soon as my next AF arrived), but part of me hopes I am. My husband said he only wants one child but I'd like two for my baby's sake, so if I'm not I think I will be waiting a long time and will have to work hard at persuading him to try in the future. He knew I wasn't on the pill, but I had told him - and believed myself - that it was very unlikely that anything would happen.

I've just got to try and be patient now! :blush:

That all sounds very promising! Especially since they are your symptoms from last time too. Fingers crossed for you! A new baby would be lovely and sounds like your hubby knew exactly the risks. Even breastfeeding, no form of contraception is 100%, only form 100% risk free is abstinence lol
Will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you!
P's my hubby only wanted one baby too until our son turned 3 and he wanted another like me! I had resigned to no more and it was a huge and much appreciated surprise. Sometimes these men just need a little breather from the baby days. Now we are just about to ttc number 3 eeek!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->