Impatiently Waiting..

lealea.

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and to trying to get pregnant and looking to find others in my position, to share the journey with.. (sorry, I don't know the proper lingo used on this site as I'm new to this!)

Here's my story..

I'm a 25YO Female from Sydney and I recently had a miscarriage after an unexpeted, but happy surprise that I was pregnant.

I first noticed bleeding on April 25th 2016, so went to the hospital. The bleeding was getting worse, but a gestation sack was found only consistent of a 4-5 week pregnancy, when I was under the impression I was 7-8 weeks.

The Dr. could not confirm or rule out whether it was going to be a miscarriage.. So I had to wait 2 weeks, then go get another ultrasound to find out if:
A) The pregnancy had progressed
B) The pregnancy was non existent; meaning the bleeding was a miscarriage
C) The pregnancy was still there, but had not progressed which would mean I required a surgical extraction.

So after a grueling 2 weeks of waiting, I had my follow up ultrasound which showed no pregnancy, meaning the bleeding had been ended up being a miscarriage. Obviosuly I was disappointed, but I held onto the positives which was that there had been no fetus, so there wasn't technically a life form existent, and that I did not need surgical extraction.

Me and my partner decided to start trying again straight away. I have been using an ovulation kit for the first time and as indicated on the box, started testing on day 5. It has been tricky to calculate my ovulation this is my first cycle after my miscarriage which has obviously thrown the dates out.

After reaching day 20 of my cycle and not detecting any LH surge, I was convinced that I'm not going to ovulate this cycle and that my body probably needs to recover or something before ovulation begins again, meaning MORE waiting! ...BUT 2 days later, I just had this feeling I should test again, so i used my last test and got the smiley face indicating a positive LH surge! This was on Monday 16th May 2016.

As I did not test on the 15th (day 21), I'm not sure whether ovulation would have happened on the 16th, 17th or 18th - but me and my partner did excessive baby dancing on all days to maximise our chances.

So now we're waiting again...

Today is 5 days before my expected period, but only 3-5 days after ovulation. I decided to take a home pregnancy test and it showed up negative, so I think I've jumped the gun :(

Going to test again in 3 or 4 days and hoping to see a positive result, but a little confused with dates at the moment.. It's actually a lot more complicated that I had though before looking into everything and actively trying to get pregnant!

Will post an update shortly. Fingers crossed!!

xx Leah :)

Hi leah

Good luck. I'm sorry to head about your miscarriage.

Are you sure on your cycle length? If your 3-5 days past ovulation (3-5DPO) and expecting your period in 5 days that makes your luteal phase (ie time from ovulation to period) quite short. Docs like to see it 10+ minimum. Shorter luteal phases can interfere with implantation and not give the egg a good chance to get snuggled in. It can make it harder to get pregnant.

Your luteal phase generally doesn't change so if you ovulated later than normal it will mean your period is later than normal. So you therefore can't simply say I usually get my period every 28 days, ovulated late this month so still expect period on day 28. Late ovulation will normally bump your period back the same number of days. Example I normally have 29day cycles. Ovulate on day 17 and therefore have a 12 day Luteal Phase. A few months ago I had a random late ovulation on day 20. My luteal phase was still 12 days so my period was 3 days later than normal. Whole cycle was pushed to 32 days

If your luteal phase is really only 8-10 and you're trying now I'd look into a vit B complex as that helped me go from 10-12/13 or have a word with your doc.

I know you didn't ask for advice and sorry if I've told you everything you already knew! Just wanted to give you best chance of success
X

Hi there,

Thanks for your post and please don't apologize, the very reason i posted was to get some feedback as I'm new to this and don't know a whole lot.

I'm actually not certain on my cycle length as I haven't previously tracked it. As silly or careless as this may sound, I lived in a household of girls until recently and we all got our period within a few days of eachother,so when they got theirs I knew mine was coming soon.. I only calculated my cycle length from the one prior to my pregnancy that resulted in a miscarriage.

I think you're right that my cycle has been pushed back, I had a feeling this may be the case due to the complication of the miscarriage, I wasn't sure if I count that as a period...

I'm now at 9-10DPO, and had a negative pregnancy test yesterday, so going to wait a few more days to test again.

The wait is killing me!! I'm only 25 and a lot of my friends are still going out and stuff, but I've quit smoking and drinking and I'm staying home most of the time preparing myself and getting healthy.. It's a smallsacrafice but I want it to feel worth it by finding out I'm going to have ababy by the end of it!! :)

Sigh.. 10-11DPO, just took another HPT and it's still negative =[

Hi lea, so sorry to hear about your mc. I had a MMC in March, it was my first pregnancy and happened on the third attempt. We wanted to try straight away too (I had an ERPC) so I used opks and od cd19 instead of my normal cd13. I'm now 11 DPO on my second proper cycle TTC again. My ov has moved back to cd13. Unfortunately I tested bfn again today. It's so frustrating. I know in the grand scheme of things it's not long at all and we were lucky it happened quickly first time round (although it still felt painfully slow) Sending you lots of baby dust, hope it happens quickly for you. X

Thanks for your message, it's really comforting to hear from others who are in the same situation :)

I'm trying to be sensitive to those who have been TTC for months/years, I can only imagine how hard that must be.. I've only been actively TTC for this 1 cycle, so if I do conceive straight away, I will consider myself so so blessed.. But at the same time, it's going so slow, if I have to wait again that's just going to be so annoying.

I think the emotionally needing to conceive again is definitely relating to my recent miscarriage and just wanting to pick up from where we left off..

Do let me know if there are any updates for you, as will I!

Best of luck xx

I think because you don't know how long it's going to take you're anxious the whole time, desparate for answers. It's only once you're pregnant you can look back and see that it wasn't long. But it's impossible to do that before hand.

I'm not sure if I'll test again as I got my bfp at 11 DPO previously. I know each pregnancy is different but I can't help feel I'm out. Af is due on 1st June (I have a 15 day lp) so will prob just wait it out. Although I am a POAS addict!

Keep us posted. X

Hi Leah!

I'm so very sorry for your loss! Mc is hard.

I had 1 loss (my first pregnancy), and in my experience, cycles get a little wonky after miscarriage. I would suggest temping (it's called taking your basal body temperature) orally every morning and sticking your data into an app (I LOVE fertilityfriend). It's more accurate than using OPKs (although you can continue using them and entering that data also!). Another thing I would suggest monitoring is cervical fluid (I know this might sound daunting for a new lady trying to conceive, but it tells you wonders about your body!). The good fertile stuff is the egg-white consistency. After my mc, I totally stopped producing cervical fluid. I was dry as a bone, at 21 years old! Finally after my miscarriage and 5 months of trying with no positive test, I google searched and found that no cervical fluid was the problem. I bought a tea called Fertilitea and conceived on my first cycle on that, 6 months post miscarriage. The book that I bought to help me understand temping is called Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler and it's seriously an amazing read! Also, after my mc I was ovulating after day 20 of my cycle, like you! ;)

I wish you all the best! Take care of yourself, and I hope you get your BFP (big fat positive--thread lingo! ;) ) soon!!! Xxx

Hey just wanted to say good luck ! I understand what your going through your story actually sounds extremely similar to mine , I had a loss on the 8/5/16 know how heart breaking it is but we also started trying start away to!

Keep us posted on how it goes ! Fingers crossed

Xxx

Hi All,

Thanks for the positive comments and support. I had to take a few steps back because the waiting game was driving me crazy and I was getting too obsessed counting down and subsequently disappointed last month when I didn't conceive, so I took a few steps back and stopped thinking about it, and I now have some good news!!

I've just found out today that I'm 5 weeks pregnant! We're not telling anyone yet as we're holding our breath after the previous mc, but cautiously optimistic!!

������

Congratulations with your little bean😉 Hope this everything goes well for you guys:winkwink: I read the whole thread and got so excited on your last comment about being 5 weeks!!:happydance: I get very excited when people get their Bfp(Big fat positive)😁

How are you feeling?

:happydance: Thanks!!!

We're just being cautiously optimistic at the moment and not announcing to our friends and family until we reach the 12-14 week mark to be sure after what happened last time..

I got a slightly concerning call from the doctor today though :nope: I had my blood test done on Saturday (02/04/2016) I would have been 4 weeks and 5 days from LMP at that stage, and the HCG level only shows at 64 which the doctor said is quite low.. The stats online say at 4 weeks you can be anywhere from 5-426 and anywhere from 18-7340 at 5 weeks, so I suppose I'm not at the very bottom of that range, but I'm still just a little worried after last time, as I was supposed to be roughly 7-8 weeks at the time of my miscarriage, but my HCG and gestation sac size were only consistent with the 4 weeks mark.

I'm scared there's something wrong with my body that won't let me have kids, but I just keep reminding myself that if my body wasn't meant to have babies, I wouldn't be able to conceive so easily and quickly!

I got another blood test today to see if the levels are doubling each day as they're supposed to and will get the results of this tomorrow and update the thread.

Thanks for all the support, I just really really really hope this one works out!!!

Hi All!

I saw the doctor today and it was great news FINALLY! My results were in and my HCG level has more than doubled in 72 hours, which the dr. said is exactly what he wanted to see and that I have nothing to worry about at this stage!!

In light of the good news, he's asked me to hold off until wk 7 for my dating ultrasound so I can hear the heartbeat :D

Look out for another update in 2 weeks time and maybe an ultrasound image!!!

Leah x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"