Implantation Bleeding or no??

vv15629

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

My Wife and I have been trying to conceive for about 6 months now. This month my Wife started spotting about 2 days ago which was 7-8 days before her scheduled period. Outside of the very occasional maybe day early period she has never had her period begin that early. The spotting was initially brownish, and the timing of everything was identical to symptoms of implantation bleeding. Over the past 36-48 hours he bleeding has gotten a little heavier, closely resembling a normal period. She's had a little bit of cramping and has just felt a little off in general since she started spotting.

I guess there's always a chance she randomly got a crazy early period but it's tough to see it as that (my emotions may be blocking that thought lol). So anyway is there a chance it's still implantation bleeding. Anyone had something similar happen to then and ended up being pregnant?

With my son, I didn’t have bleeding before I was due a period, but I had bleeding, that resembled a period at the time I was due, and spotting each month till I was about 14 weeks

Only way to know is to take a test :)

Hi. When ttc with my dd my cycles changed a lot. I started spotting mid cycles including the cycle I got my bfp. I wasn't even sure I had ovulated cause I never had a true positive opk but a couple days after the last faint positive opk I started bleeding. The first day was dark red then it went brown then I had a break of one day the exactly one week before my period started I started spotting again. For me it was just an occasional pink spot on the toilet paper and it only happened a few times a day but it lasted 4 days. Then I waited to see if my spotting was done or would continue to progress and when I didn't see any more spotting I took a test about 3 days before my period and it was positive. I had some additional brown discharge when I expected my period and after my first appointment and sometimes after a bm (tmi I know). I think if she's cramping and it's a period she may not have ovulated or something. I would wait out the cycle and give it at least a day after it stops and take a test. I personally would also see a doctor so that I could rule out any hormone issues and make sure I really wasn't preggers. I hope it means baby though

With my 2nd I bled a few days before my actual period which lasted on off for around 4 days sometimes red pink or brown and some times heavy too then it stopped then it happened again every month up until 12 weeks was like a period then never found where it was coming from I think some times these things happen good luck hope you get your bfp :)

After the first time you had the "early period" did you get a positive test after that? Or did you assume that was your period and never bothered to test?

Hi I got the positives before the bleed which made me even more confused the lines were very faint and I had a blood test confirm hcg of 18

Ok so the latest update to my original post. My Wife took 2 pregnancy tests last night, the bleeding slowed and she was just still spotting. Both tests came back positive! She was still spotting slightly this morning so we're containing our excited as we're a bit concerned about the bleeding she's had. Hopefully she's definitely pregnant and she's just had some strange things going on and all is well.

She's being sent for blood work today to check some levels but I dont think we'll get results back until monday! We're keeping the faith!

Awww so happy for you both some times in pregnancy some women have break through bleeding around the time of period. Please keep us updated with the results. I know its worrying but just try and keep positive fingers and toes crossed for you both :)

Awww so happy for you both some times in pregnancy some women have break through bleeding around the time of period. Please keep us updated with the results. I know its worrying but just try and keep positive fingers and toes crossed for you both :)

Yeah we're hoping it just may be something like you mentioned! Been an emotional 24hrs. We've been waiting for the moment of positive test result anticipation so much excitement but it's been a constant pulling back and forth from one emotion to the other. Fingers crossed@@

Congrats. Like cherished said it could just be a break through bleed. You can always go to an ER in the states or an early pregnancy unit in some countries to have them check it out for peace of mind. Health and happy 9 months to you both

So first round of blood work came back and my Wife's progesterone levels were quite low. Most likely thats the cause of the bleeding. Unfortunately low progesterone can certainly lead to a miscarriage but not always if it can be successfully rectified.

Doc sent my wife for more blood work yesterday as they want to see if her levels are rising any or not. We will get the results back from that tomorrow so we are keeping our fingers ever so tightly crossed! It continues to be a very tough and mixed emotional spot for me and my wife right now but were keeping the faith and planning on remaining pregnant until told otherwise. Your thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated!

Ahhhh man so it looks like we're losing the pregnancy :(

We just got blood work results back from the second round of testing. HCG levels cut in half and doc said it certainly appears to be a miscarriage. We're devastated. We thought we conceived earlier this month during our 1 year anniversary vacation. However, doc said she was about 5 weeks pregnant and her bleeding last month was likely implantation bleeding we mistaken for her period.

I wish I never knew that cause now there's guilt. Obviously on vacation we were taking part in stuff (nothing horrible) that you should not be doing while pregnant. I cant help but think if we knew earlier last month that she was already pregnant maybe we could of avoided it. I know deep down somewhere that likely played zero part in the miscarriage but it's just very emotional at the moment.

I also feel bad for being so upset for having an early miscarriage when there are couples out there unable to conceive after multiple years if ever. Or those who've had second and third trimester miscarriages. Man I dont know if we could handle that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->