implantation bleeding vs miscarriage

Ginag88

First Time Mommy WTT#2
Reaction score
I'm 5+2 , my doctor said she couldn't see the baby during the sonogram. I know it was too early to see anything but she still warned me of a possible impending miscarriage or ectopic. That was yesterday. It was an internal sonogram n I also DTD with DH.

This morning I woke up with minor cramping that was off n on for a few hours. N now I am spotting, it isn't bright red, it's brown.

I'm monitoring the flow but what is the difference between a miscarriage n implantation bleeding? Is it too late to have implantation bleeding?

hey love, so sorry you have to deal with this yucky limbo.

there's really no way to tell if it's implantation spotting or an impending miscarriage. each woman's body is different, and will spot or bleed differently. DTD can definitely cause some spotting, too.

when i had my m/c, i started with brown spotting. BUT, tons of women don't. and most likely, your spotting is just from DTD and the internal scan. try to relax. easier said than done, i know. when is your next scan?

Hi Ginag88. I am 5w2d and had some light spotting today. It was brown as well. I haven't seen my doc yet (have to wait until 9weeks, ugh). I'm hoping it's just a normal symptom. Sending positivity your way!

I am so sorry you are going theough this :(. I had a mmc last year but had scan at 8 weeks and got told baby stopped developing couple of weeks before. My bleeding started off brown (like end of period bleeding) for a couple of days before red blood came. This pregnancy I had five days of bleeding around time period was due - that again started brown but I had a few gushes of red blood too. Had scan at 8 weeks and there was bubba with a heartbeat!

What i am trying to say is that brown bleeding/spotting doesnt necessarily mean mmc.

Praying you you xx

I called the Dr n she said it is normal to spot but unless it comes down heavy then I should wait a week or so n monitor if it truly is just spotting. If it turns heavy then to go to the hospital.
I am waiting on the results of my hcg test Monday. This wait is torturous. Every cramp I feel makes my heart sink but the bleeding isn't heavy yet so I'm not completely hopeless yet

With my second ectopic I had brown spotting for a few days before it turned red. But, there's so many women who have brown spotting and it's just their body getting rid of that waste. I hope your numbers are good and you get to see peanut soon. When do you have another scan? I hate when they make me wait the weekend to get results. They know we can't wait!

I also had some minor brown spotting/discharge some weeks ago but nothing since, now I have minor cramps and back ache and I'm worried sick but know there is no real reason for concern. I'm like you where any twinge ache or change makes my heart sink with worry, but if the blood is not red I would honestly try your hardest to relax, keep yourself busy to take your mind off it.. Otherwise if you think you will continue to be anxious perhaps you can book a private scan? Positive thoughts your way honey :)

With my losses i had brown that turned into red over a day. With my 3rd baby and the only one I've had implantation bleeding with, i had pink spotting when i wiped for around 12 hours. And then at 15 weeks i had lots of brown spotting, bub is a healthy 14 month old.
Fingers crossed all is well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->