Implantation bleeding while on the pill?

AYO22

Reaction score
Hi all! Let me start out by saying - I am on the pill, and have been for almost 10 years because without it, AF is torturous. That being said, we are not actively TTC, but we're not preventing it either (we use no other form of birth control).

I have an extremely regular cycle (28 days), and have rarely had any issues with it. My LMP was January 7th, so AF isn't due until February 4th (still over a week to go). On January 21, CD 14, I noticed the smallest amount of blood when I wiped (so small that I thought it was a fuzz at first!), and had some slight cramping. I now believe that this is when I ovulated, even though I know that shouldn't happen because I am on the pill, and I've never had this happen before. Up until last night though, I thought it was strange, but didn't think anything of it. The following two days, we had unprotected sex several times.

Last night, January 25, CD 18, and POSSIBLY 4DPO, I had some spotting start. It was red when I wiped, though extremely watered down compared to AF. Since that initial blood, I have had brown discharge, that I've had when I've wiped all day, and again some slight cramping, but no other red colored blood.

The spotting and cramping a week and a half before expected AF leads me to believe that it could be implantation bleeding, however, it seems incredibly early to me..

Has anyone experienced this before? If so, were you pregnant? If you havent experienced it before, do you have any opinions/ideas? Thanks so much for your help! :)

Pregnancy while on BC is really rare, I believe in the 1% range. However, it is possible! If you O'd then the first "speck" of blood you saw was probably from your follicle(s) rupturing and releasing an egg. But I am not so sure what the second "spotting" was from... 4dpo is way to early for implantation spotting. Implantation spotting occurs on "average" between 6-10dpo but the latest 12dpo with 5dpo being exceedingly rare and 4dpo just about impossible (fertility doctor told me this, just so you don't think its me talking out of my butt lol!). I would definitely take a pregnancy test in another 10 days.. because obviously you don't want to be on birth control if you are pregnant. And birth control WILL make you have your "period" even if you are pregnant so if you start your period "on time" its still very possibly you could be pregnant regardless. So either way I would highly suggest you take a pregnancy test in 10 more days! Good luck.. not sure what you're hoping for but whatever outcome you're hoping I wish you luck :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->