implantation dip

Angel022605

5K fun
Reaction score
For those of you who have had an "implantation dip" about what DPO did you get and it turned out to be a BFP? And did it dip to the cover line or below the cover line? I am 8 DPO confirmed by BBT and I got a dip this am to the cover line. I know for it to be a true "implantation dip" my temps will have to be elevated and I need that BFP. My other question is how much of an elevated temp do you have to have for a BFP? I know I can't tell from just today's temp and have to look at the big pic. I'm just looking for insight and advice :)

I had my dip on 7dpo with sharp twinges and a temp dip but it never reached the cover line..it dropped .3 degrees then shot up .66 degrees the next day and then my chart went triphasic I tested BFP on 10dpo

I have heard many women say high temps dont really mean much and after this cycle I'd have to say its true bc my temps are higher than my chart with my BFP but that could also be bc I had a MC

I'd say continue to temp and test when you are ready. Lots of baby dust your way!!!

Interesting questions! I have been studying the chart gallery on ff lately and I realise that there are many charts with huge dips but it took a few days to come back up and still end up with bfp. Some of the temps come back to where it was before and stayed there until bfp, and some went triphasic. So don't worry if it doesn't come back up right away or go higher.... that's just my observation. hope this helps!

Here's my BFP chart from my son. I didn't know much about implant dips then, but looks like I had one on 3dpo (estrogen) and then implant dip 6dpo, since I got the BFP 9dpo ( 3 days after dip).
GL!
2010BFP.jpg

This is my bfp chart. This is the only bfp where I was temping. My temps were kind of erratic compared to previous charts. I didn't have a clear dip though. The closest would be maybe 6dpo? I typically get an estrogen dip between 4-6 though so shrugs.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/27f3c3/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Hehe D...I still remember you poo pooing your temp and saying you weren't testing because you weren't feeling it was good temps:friends:

Hehe D...I still remember you poo pooing your temp and saying you weren't testing because you weren't feeling it was good temps:friends:

Truth lol. Just goes to show you never know what your body is up to until you know hahah.

I'm hoping mine was an implantation dip but it only went to my coverline and not below.

Gl brit! It's hard to say since you are missing temps around the same time from your previous cycle, but a dip then sustained rise like that looks promising. I would test. If it was implantation there is a good chance an early hpt will show positive. Gl!

It's hard to say because the significant dips in temp have open circles. So they are either out of the time range for accuracy or you marked sleep deprived or you entered your data late and didn't update the time. I really stress being diligent with your temping because even though your charts might look different, they are actually very similar when you overlay them. With a dip that late in your lp, I would say watch for tomorrow's test. If it goes back up, take a test.

The open circles are due to temping only an hr or less earlier than normal. It's impossible for me to temp at the same time AND after 5 hrs as I never sleep a solid 5 hrs

For me, taking me temp an hour is definitely a false low. It really does need to be in that 20 minute window. I still stand by watch tomorrow's temp. If it goes back up, test.

What if I wake up an hr before temping to pee. Then go back to sleep and wake up in an hr to test at normal time, wouldn't getting up to pee and then only having an hr of sleep make me have a false high temp?

I have been temping since January so since last month, I decided to stop temping after I confirmed ovulation since I would obsess so much but all of my other charts look nothing like this month which is what's giving me hope lol.

Those are a few of my previous charts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-26-11-49-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-26-11-49-49.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_2015-09-26-11-50-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-26-11-50-08.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_2015-09-26-11-50-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-26-11-50-28.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 3
Every body is different, but if I wake up an hour before temping with the urge to pee I honestly hold it. Probably not good for your body, but lol. I think as long as you go quickly and go right back to bed, it's honestly fine. What I do, is I temp at both times. I'll put the temp from the right time in, but I keep the other in the notes. I think I got my bfp with a lower than usual temp this time around, but I would say wait to see what it does tomorrow.

Brit, FXed! That's how I felt the last couple of cycles. I used to have this steady rising then fall charts, then once my body seemed to adjust of my IUD I got these spiky temps a lot. My lp was late last month, so it could have been a cp. But who knows. Just know I'm excited to start seeing you ladies post some tests!

NurseMommy- Use this temp adjuster - I have insomnia and that's what helps FF interpret my chart better. It literally can adjust your temp even if MINUTES off norm time. It's awesome
https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

With DS I had open circles all over because I just entered the real time. (chart further up in this thread) Was also a very slow climb, and not much temp variation despite diff times.

I think yours could be partly implant dip- as 9dpo is most common implant day, and that was 8dpo. Very nice recovery tho!:thumbup:

Brit Nice recovery on your temps from that dip as well! Nice and high now!
:dus:t to us all!

Oh hehe sorry forgot about myself:blush:
I am VERRRY happy I had a huge temp recovery, and not just a teeny notch up. Anything just above cover again and FF removed my CH's!!
Sometimes I hate FF...I think it likes to mess with ppl :haha:
I still have SUPER thick almost chunky cm, but lotion texture, not at all stretchy or sticky, and it is SUPER white...like the old elmers glue lol just not sticky
Hope its a good sign for me, but I know some of this is due to the progest I am using. With DS I wish I had made more notes on FF! I know I had creamy cm most the first 8wks, but didn't describe it sigh

Yes I'm happy with my chart this month! I tested on wondfo this morning and saw the faintest of lines with FMU and did a First Response with SMU and BFN. Then I realized it's a Rapid Result and not a FRER. I had no idea the difference until I just Googled it..lol. What a waste of money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->