• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Implantion and HCG levels--When to test

RainingLove

Reaction score
I found this and thought it would be helpful for all of you as well :)

hCG doubles every 48 hours. You can have a level of 1 - 5 in a non pregnant state.

Implantation could belater than you think.

If a woman implants at 8dpo, with a 'non pregnant' hCG level of 1 [Which is totally normal] it would rise as follows

8dpo - 1miu hcg
10dpo - 2miu
12dpo - 4miu
14dpo [Day AF is typically due] - 8miu
16dpo - 16miu

So this lady wouldn't finnd out until 15dpo on a very senstive 10miu pregnancy test, superdrug own or possibly asda own. Obviously if she implants LATER than 8dpo [which is normal] she will find out even later.

Now, Take a lady who implants at 8dpo, But has a'Non pregnant' hCG level of 5. Hers looks like this;

8dpo - 5miu
10dpo- 10miu - Could find out here on superdrug own, internet cheapie
12dpo - 20miu - Could find out here with freedom cheapie strip/most poundland tests and asda own]
14dpo - 40miu [day period is typically due] Most tests would pick it up here

So, This lady, Even though implantation is on the same say for both ladies, Can find out MUCH sooner. Now, If this lady were to implant at 6dpo she could potentially find out at just 8dpo. But if the first lady were to implant at 12dpo, She would find out even later, Even if they have the same cycle and OV days!

Mhm but then again this is why I suggest frer. One of my frers picked up my hormones at only 5ish. I happened to use one that morning then demanded (yes, demanded lolol) a blood test at the doctor that same day. Thanks for sharing the info though!

I was under the impression that first response and other sensitive tests could only detect if hcg was 25 mlU.

That's the advertised sensitivity. Like it will for sure pick it up at 25, anything less is up to the batch/ they don't want to say they pick up less. Idk. All I know is that morning I had a super faint line (but a line none the less) at 9dpo and got a blood test that afternoon with 7miu of hcg. :) I feel like I read around on here that other women have had similar experiences of taking a frer in the am and then getting a blood test done with levels 5-10miu

Oh wow that's interesting, Ive never heard of that before. :)

Yup yup. That's why if you get a pos on frer and test neg at the clinic you shouldn't panic. Most of the tests they use in hospitals are 15-25 or more. At home tests have gotten really sensitive.

Maybe I should try to test with one of those....the thing is they are so expensive....but maybe that's why, because they are so sensitive.

They are expensive but so worth the money imo if you want to test before AF is due. But at the end of the day, any negative that early should be taken with a grain of salt. Usually what I do is I buy a few packs, I loved the 3 packs but my Target doesn't carry them. Check online for a coupon, too. But I'll buy 3-4 and test at 9dpo, 10dpo, 11dpo. Then I either accept I'm not pregnant or I start testing at the hospital. I have excellent health insurance through work so all of my pregnancy tests are free no matter how many I take haha, and the clinic is on my way home from work so I just pop by on the drive home, no appointment needed, and then head home. In and out in 5-10mins

Ohhhh that's sooooo awesome for you!!!! I bet that helps with any POAS addiction anyone could ever have!!! :p

Thank you for the tips!! I will def keep an eye out for coupons and will try them out when I run out of the Dollar Tree cheapies I have now :D I would like to try them!! I tested today but got a BFN.....so I think Ill wait until April 20th.

On the one hand, it is nice. On the other, the test results take forever so it's dreadful waiting on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"