Implants and Breastfeeding !!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by zabka78, Nov 15, 2011.

1. zabka78

zabka78 Mom of 2 boys ~10y&6y:)

I have a question for you Ladies :)
    I have breast implants and I'm planing to breastfeed my baby . I have 2 boys already I did breastfeed them but I had no implants than . Now I'm wondering if I can since I have had them for 5 years.
    I think I can because my implants are under the muscle just wondering if anybody has had experience with this :)
    Thank you

2. Miss Mitch

Miss Mitch Angel mummy to Olivia <3

I'm sure I've read somehwhere that bf when you've had implants is fine and very possible? Didn't want to read and run, sorry xx

3. Ellie Bellie

Ellie Bellie Enjoying my Little Girl!

I think that implants under the muscle shouldn't interfere with breast-feeding because there hasn't been any disruption to the nipple or breast tissue. A friend of mine had implants under the muscle and was able to try to breast feed but had other issues (non-implant related).

4. lianne82

lianne82 Well-Known Member

Hey! I have implants too, my surgeon told me I should be able to breast feed so I'm hoping its ok. You should be fine hun! Are you're nipples numb or do you have feeling in them as that may play a part? I have sensation but nothing like before I had my implants placed, I also get what I guess is milk if I knock my breasts so I'm hoping I'll do fine. Do you get anything like that?

5. skunkpixie

skunkpixie Well-Known Member

My friend has under the muscle implants and she breastfed her 1st son for 4 years and is still BF her 2 and a half year old so Im sure BF is defo possible xx

6. zabka78

Thank you Ladies for your help :)

7. zabka78