Improving EWCM

Teafor2

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have just started cycle 3 of ttc and noticed that during my period I get waaaay better quality ewcm than I ever do during my fertile period. I actually don’t really get ewcm before ovulation, just watery cm.

Does anyone have any advice for improving cm quality? I want to try something natural before taking mucinex or doing preseed or something.

So far the only things I’ve seen is a lot of water and grapefruit juice (which I will start ASAP).

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

No one? Nothing?

There is no bottled grapefruit juice to be found where I live so I’ve been doing fresh grapefruit daily, though not sure if it’s enough. Will report back.

Any other suggestions would be really helpful!

try taking EPO (Evening Primrose Oil) you take it from cycle day 1 to ovulation day, no further. i was so surprised how it worked for me and it was the month i ended up conceiving.

try taking EPO (Evening Primrose Oil) you take it from cycle day 1 to ovulation day, no further. i was so surprised how it worked for me and it was the month i ended up conceiving.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Omega 3 with herbal tea (I drink Rooibos tea) gives me plenty ewcm

Oh and you can take it throughout your cycle. Omega 3 is actually highly recommended to take when ttc.

Oh and you can take it throughout your cycle. Omega 3 is actually highly recommended to take when ttc.

Thanks! I’ll have to get some. Right now I’m on cycle day 13 and just having a lot of sticky cm. Hopefully it will turn more fertile soon.

Thanks! I’ll have to get some. Right now I’m on cycle day 13 and just having a lot of sticky cm. Hopefully it will turn more fertile soon.
Def sounds like you will. Let me know how it goes with the omega 3! It’s actually the only thing that worked for me in giving me good quality and abundant ewcm.

Def sounds like you will. Let me know how it goes with the omega 3! It’s actually the only thing that worked for me in giving me good quality and abundant ewcm.

Well, I think I ovulated either today or yesterday as I’ve had my classic O cramps. Never got any EWCM and didn’t even get any watery CM! I guess the grapefruit was a bust.

How much omega-3 did you take to improve your cm? I checked my prenatals and it says they have 200 mg of DHA, which is an omega-3.

I’ll have to try it next cycle. DH was away last week for work and we only dtd yesterday when he got home so we may have missed my fertile window. Either way not feeling super hopeful for this month. :-(

All it takes is one! Hope u caught the eggy!

I take 1000-3000mg of Omega 3 - higher doses close to my Ov date. The max recommended dose on my bottle says 3000mg per day.

I think the Grapefruit juice has to be taken From about a week before your Ov date as it stops the breakdown of estrogen so it hangs around longer- well that’s the theory!

Thanks! I guess it’s just wait and see. This is my third day of O cramping so not sure which day it actually happened. Usually I just count from the first day.

I started the grapefruit on CD 2 or 3 when I was still bleeding, but I can’t get bottled grapefruit juice where I live so I’ve just been eating a grapefruit a day. Maybe it’s not enough.

Thanks for the advice :)

Just wanted to update for anyone that was curious... tried the grapefruit but never got any ewcm. I didn’t even have any watery cm which is what I usually get . I also didn’t get pregnant this cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->