Improving my diet

bbbbbbb811

Reaction score
I’m looking for some ideas of real nutritious food, that my children will eat too. For breakfast it’s eggs, fruit yogurt but I’m really stuck on lunch and dinner ideas?

Our lunches often are sandwiches or wraps with cheese, meat, avocado, hummus, spinach, tomato, and whatever other veggies we have on hand. Or if we're pressed for time then peanut butter sandwiches with banana (natural PB, not the sweetened stuff). Usually some raw veg like cucumbers or peppers to go along with it. Or thin rice cakes with hummus, cheese, and avocado. Or scrambled eggs with lots of cut up veg mixed through. We also do smoothies a lot with milk or almond milk, greek yogurt (for protein), tons of berries, banana, spinach. Or sometimes I'll do a peanut butter smoothie or a blueberry avocado smoothie.

Dinner is often some sort of meat (usually chicken or fish but sometimes beef or pork loin) with two servings of veg (roasted yams and peas, asparagus and peppers, mushrooms and tomato, steamed broccoli with mashed cauliflower, etc), or chicken pot pie (but made with only a top crust instead of a full pie crust and almond milk instead of cream and loaded with veg). My kids love curry so I often do lentil curry in the slow cooker served with rice or quinoa, or a chili loaded with veg and served again with rice/quinoa. There's always a salad with dinner and my toddler will often eat it but doesn't really like the raw lettuce or spinach so she'll just pick out the veg she likes. I have a spiralizer so if we do a pasta dish then I mix 1/2 whole wheat pasta with 1/2 zucchini noodles.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, hopefully that gives you some ideas!

Our lunches often are sandwiches or wraps with cheese, meat, avocado, hummus, spinach, tomato, and whatever other veggies we have on hand. Or if we're pressed for time then peanut butter sandwiches with banana (natural PB, not the sweetened stuff). Usually some raw veg like cucumbers or peppers to go along with it. Or thin rice cakes with hummus, cheese, and avocado. Or scrambled eggs with lots of cut up veg mixed through. We also do smoothies a lot with milk or almond milk, greek yogurt (for protein), tons of berries, banana, spinach. Or sometimes I'll do a peanut butter smoothie or a blueberry avocado smoothie.

Dinner is often some sort of meat (usually chicken or fish but sometimes beef or pork loin) with two servings of veg (roasted yams and peas, asparagus and peppers, mushrooms and tomato, steamed broccoli with mashed cauliflower, etc), or chicken pot pie (but made with only a top crust instead of a full pie crust and almond milk instead of cream and loaded with veg). My kids love curry so I often do lentil curry in the slow cooker served with rice or quinoa, or a chili loaded with veg and served again with rice/quinoa. There's always a salad with dinner and my toddler will often eat it but doesn't really like the raw lettuce or spinach so she'll just pick out the veg she likes. I have a spiralizer so if we do a pasta dish then I mix 1/2 whole wheat pasta with 1/2 zucchini noodles.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, hopefully that gives you some ideas!

Thanks jessmke! Given me plenty of ideas:)

My girls love zucchini noodles.

Jess has pretty much threw all the options I would have :lol:

I find that an assortment plate for lunch goes over really well (or for dinner!).
Whatever's on hand and always mostly veggies:
Carrots, cucumbers, peppers, cheese, crackers, kielbasa or other meat, apple slices, grapes, etc.
Hummus or peanut butter for dip :)

As for dinner - just focusing on whole foods (not pre-made) will make for nutritious meals as long as there's a mix of foods throughout the week.
I agree with Jess's suggestions.

Just to add a different idea, these salmon cakes always go over well too:
https://www.yummytoddlerfood.com/recipes/dinner/wild-salmon-cakes/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back