Impulsively bought nursery furniture, now panicking :(

margeandmom

Reaction score
Hi Lovely Ladies,

I could use some reassurance. I went consignment shopping today and got excited when I saw a dresser and night stand. They were in great shape, beautiful, and I thought they would be perfect for a nursery. And they were way cheaper than Pottery Barn or something like that.

I hadn't meant to buy anything until 3rd trimester, but of all sudden I did! Of course it's final sale. :dohh:

They look great but now I'm worried I jinxed something.

My 12 scan is next week, why didn't I just wait?!

Can you guys reassure me that nursery purchases won't jinx anything. I've worked myself into such a tizzy I can't think straight :wacko:

Hugs and thanks!

Think about it logically. How on earth could buying furniture cause something to happen to your baby? These old wives tales stem from times when we didn't have the scientific understanding that we have today, when we clutched at straws and tried to find reasoning for things we did not understand.

Congrats on the bargain furniture!

Buying furniture will make no difference what so ever to the health of your baby Hun :hugs: if anything like the girls above have said it helps you bond and prepare for your little one. Enjoy the bargain and preparing!

Thanks guys, you're so amazing. It's easy to get carried away sometimes in your head... Hugs to all!

I bought hundreds of dollars of boy clothes before I was even pregnant. And now I'm pregnant with a boy hehe so I don't believe in jinxing ;)

I brought a cot last december.... I didn't fall pregnant until April :haha:
I pretty much had everything we needed for baby before the :BFP: all we need is a playmatt and a pram which we will probably get this weekend at the Baby show NEC

I really don't believe in superstition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->