In a+e cramping and spotting

Saara82

Reaction score
Currently in a+e due to cramps like bad period pains and spotting. Pink when i wipe with some tinges of blood.
Not sure what im looking for starting this thread. Is it the beginning if the end?

Im 6 weeks exactly.

I had horrific period like cramps at 6 weeks. They woke me up during the night and I could hardly walk to the toilet. I was terrified. They eased eventually, but I got milder ones for a couple of weeks and a tiny bit of spotting. Was just baby getting comfy. Hope everything goes well. Thinking of you.

I have had various degrees of spotting/bleeding with each of my babies in the first and second tri. It's really frightening, especially if you already experienced a loss, but it really doesn't necessarily mean it's over :hugs:

Thnx girls i hope everything turns out well. Looks like a long night here, still waiting for the dr. Thx again

Hope you've received good news.
I've had bleeding in every pregnancy, so I know there is hope.
:hugs:

Thanks everyone, Got sent home 1am because there wasnt amyone to scan me. Got given a couple of painkillers and told to come back on monday for a scan at the epau. Still in discomfort this morning. Feels like period pains on and off. Also blood which isnt heavy when i wipe.
Im going to try and take it easy. Will the abdominal scan make the cramps or bleeding worse? They press so hard sometimes.

I don't think an abdominal scan will make it worse but if they had to do a vaginal scan then that could irritate things

If you're only 6 weeks I would assume they will do a vaginal scan. I had bleeding with my 3rd son from 8 to 16 weeks and they gave me a vaginal scan at 8 and 10 weeks.
I remember the cramps and bleeding were worse with him than they were with my miscarriage.
Good luck

Just to add I have had vaginal scans with all my babies (4) due to spotting, it didn't do any harm. It aggravated things a little, as in spotting more, but it didn't hurt anything

Oh ok ive never had a vaginal scan before, bit scared more than anything. I think il just have the abdominal and drink 3 litres before hand.

Anyways thnx for your input girls hopefully everything will be ok.
X

Honestly you won’t see much at 6 weeks, even vaginally (we don’t even get offered abdominal here at that gestation), so they will likely offer vaginal. For that you need an empty bladder, so drinking large volumes of water probably won't be helpful

Thnx happycupcake in that case i wont drink just to be on the safe side.

It was in fact the beginning of the end. Miscarried today. Thnx everyone.

Oh sweetheart I'm so so sorry. Was so hoping for a happy outcome for you. I've been in ure shoes 3 times b4 so I know how devastating it is.
I had a Misscarige at 6 weeks 5 weeks and 11 weeks and it's just heart wrenching and feels so unfair.
Sadly there so common esp in the first trimester so dont think it was anything you have done wrong because it wasnt.
I blamed myself so much and I really didnt think they were as common as what they are.
Take time to heal and grieve hon. Sending you lots of love and hugs. <3

Thanks girls, some things are just never meant to be. Im ok, i went through a miscarriage at 20 weeks a few years ago so this although i know is still a miscarriage im just glad i didnt miscarry further along. Suggerhoney sorry about your miscarriages too, yeah they are heartbreaking, i wish you all the best with your pregnancy. Hope you have a easy labour and delivery. Thnx again x

I too was hoping for a happier outcome. I'm so sorry Saara :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->