In depth FERTILAID review (will update throughout cycles)

HisKhaleesi

Reaction score
Ok, so I wanted to share with everyone my experiences with Fertilaid for women. Alot of the reviews I read personally are only about the result, whether they achieved their BFP with this or not, but I wanted to do a little more in depth review on it because there are many questions I had and still have, that I could not find answers for. Ok first things first.

Background: I am 30 years old, I conceived two children without assistance. My husband and I share 1 child together. After my daughter was born (6 years ago) I was diagnosed with PCOS. I took bc pills to help regulate myself, and I began to have a signifcant weight problem, which I have never had before and am currently still struggling with. Yesterday I was diagnosed with hypothyroid as well.My husband as it excellent physical condition with no known health concerns. (Lucky him)

I found Fertilaid for Women while searching for a natural solution to bring on ovulation, because when I stopped bc in September I wasnt even having periods. I DIDNT want PROVERA and I DIDNT want CLOMID. Im trying to avoid these things at all cost. I read the reviews but I was still skeptical. I got my pills Nov 26th and started taking them immediately. You have to take 1 pill, three times a day. YES its hard to remember. But its easiest if you take one with each meal. Cycle one I forgot maybe a handful of times to take the third pill.

SIDE EFFECTS: Now they all say "Yay! There are no side effects." This is a slight white lie and I will explain why. While the pills themselves have few side effects, your homones are readjusting and changing to properly regulate. So you will have outward effects not from the pills themselves maybe, but from your constantly changing hormones!! So its a slight twist in the truth to say there are no side effects.

Things I experienced that I think are pill related specifically: Itchy back for the first few weeks (wierd I know), and trouble sleeping from the Ginko. When I say trouble sleeping, I mean I WAS NOT sleeping. I dont drink caffeinated beverages because of an anxiety disorder so this was troublesome to me. I resolved this issue by taking my third pill right before I went to sleep, so it isnt such an overload of GINKO. This helped significantly.

Hormonal side effects: Moody, cravings, extremely sore breasts, headache, frequent urination, and tiredness. :wacko:

All these things aside I pushed through and on Day 30 (Dec 26)(that complete my first bottle), I started my cycle!! Naturally!! So thrilling! :happydance: And it was a GOOD cycle. Very heavy (dont be frightened by it) lasted about 5 or 6 days. I hadnt had a good cycle like that in YEARS, even on birth control. It gave me hope! I then started on my second bottle.

You continue to take the pills even through your cycle. Now on CD10 I achieved a positive OPK! Double YAY!:happydance: And on CD11 and even stronger positive! I have NEVER had a positive OPK on my own before I started this supplement. I plan to update this as I continue on my FERTILAID journey. But if anyone has questions I am here to answer what I can, and I would love to help encourage others to give this a try if you are able. Keep in mind the bottle says to try it for 3 months to give the vitex full potency. Im hoping for my BFP this cycle! Baby dust to you all.

:dust:

HisKhaleesi - Glad to hear you've found something that appears to be working for you :) I am not taking Fertilaid but am using vitex on its own to hopefully help straighten me out. I start it last cycle but became frustrated and quit around CD55. The good news is that I caught ovulation (positive OPK) about 2 weeks after I stopped taking it and ended up with a real AF 14 days later for a 91 day cycle. As long as that was, 91 days is actually not bad for me :) Anyway, I started up on the vitex again along with a few other vitamins and I am going to stick to it this cycle. I'm going to follow this thread so I can see your updates :)

Thanks! I would love to hear from fellow vitex users about their experiences with it. I am reaaallly trying to stay natural if I can. Its not that I have anything against clomid or the like. I just fear the side effects......My update for today. Is that I got my 3rd very positive OPK! It has gotten darker over the past three days. Im trying not to get too excited though, because I read that PCOS sufferers can have extreme difficulty with false positives. But Im trying to remain hopeful that I might actually ovulate on my own!

Vitex got me ovulating regularly and I was getting bfp's within a couple of cycles after taking it so I truly believe that fertility supplements containing the chaste berry products are effective for most women. Unfortunately for me I had a luteal phase defect and lost many bfp's until I fixed that as well but we eventually got our sticky bean and baby girl is due in June!

Hi!! Haven't started my fertilaid yet as I just ordered if, but I'll tell you all my history and update when I start!

I'm 28, I've always had long and irregular cycles. I think i do ovulate, just really late. So, after a looooong time and a little clomid I conceived my beautiful baby boy who just turned a year in December. Since it took so long to conceive him, and we knew we wanted more, we just ntnp afterwards plus I was brf'ing. I found out in July I was pregnant again, and was thrilled to find out it was twins!!! I lost them unfortunately around 12 weeks and had a dnc. I was so desperate to conceive immediately that we began ttc even though we were told to wait. Got pregnant before first af in December, but it was a cp.

I don't want another loss, so I'm waiting the two cycles now per dr directions. I'm hoping fertilaid will reduce the wait!!!

Hi id like to post two

Im 22 i have a 2 year old daughter who i caught on with very very easy so ttc baby is very hard and getting me down my cycles can go on for like 70/80 days so i can go 2/3month without a period i had a scan on my ovaries they show nothing an there fine am just waiting on my blood work but there deffo something wrong

Just ordered fertilaid hopefully comes soon x

Hi!! Haven't started my fertilaid yet as I just ordered if, but I'll tell you all my history and update when I start!

I'm 28, I've always had long and irregular cycles. I think i do ovulate, just really late. So, after a looooong time and a little clomid I conceived my beautiful baby boy who just turned a year in December. Since it took so long to conceive him, and we knew we wanted more, we just ntnp afterwards plus I was brf'ing. I found out in July I was pregnant again, and was thrilled to find out it was twins!!! I lost them unfortunately around 12 weeks and had a dnc. I was so desperate to conceive immediately that we began ttc even though we were told to wait. Got pregnant before first af in December, but it was a cp.

I don't want another loss, so I'm waiting the two cycles now per dr directions. I'm hoping fertilaid will reduce the wait!!!

Im really sorry to hear that. From what I read online, many many women with PCOS particularly have had really good luck with this supplement. I was willing to try it for the 3 months it recommends because my doctor wanted to wait until March to try the clomid with me anyway. She really poo-poohed Fertilaid because of its homeopathic qualities. I would love to prove her wrong. So far, so good, I like what Im seeing. Im really curious about others experiences with it. I am anal about this medicine though, I cling to it like its my saving grace. haha I get really upset with myself if I forget a dose. I havent missed any yet this cycle. Im hoping so much for my BFP!! [-o<

Hello Sugerr! Welcome to the thread! Im glad to have more Fertilaid buddies to compare/contrast with! Hopefully Fertilaid will help you with your super long cycles. Its been helping me for sure.

Hello Sugerr! Welcome to the thread! Im glad to have more Fertilaid buddies to compare/contrast with! Hopefully Fertilaid will help you with your super long cycles. Its been helping me for sure.

Am curretntly taking vit b6 till my fertilaid comes x

I'm not taking FertilAid, but I am taking Vitex on its own (along with other supplements... a prenatal, CoQ10, royal jelly, a B-complex vitamin, EPO through ovulation, and D3 because I have a deficiency).

I just started the Vitex this cycle. I'm slightly irregular... I generally have a cycle every month, but my ovulation date can vary significantly (from a normal CD15 ovulation to as late as CD27). I'll usually go three months with a good CD15 ovulation, then a couple months all screwy, then back to normal. I'm hoping Vitex will straighten me out and make it easier to plan our inseminations, since we're using a donor.

I also have DAYS of spotting before AF (sometimes a week or more), which is a total bummer. I'm hopeful that Vitex will help that, as well.

My naturopath thinks it will... so I'm going to see!

Good luck ladies <3

CD19 here and I found out a few days ago I was taking the wrong dose for my vitex. I had been taking 8 drops when I should have been taking 8ml....what a waste of 10 days of my cycle! Geesh! Anyway, on day 6 now of the proper dose :) Yesterday I had spotting...wondering if it could be the higher dose of vitex working some magic!?

Hows everyone doing got my fertilaid today xx

Im still hanging in there...hoping this month is my lucky month! Im on 7DPO now, still having symptoms, but trying not to look to far into them because Ive had them before and they meant nothing....Expected period is Jan 23....

I think Im going to try Preseed next cycle, if I didnt conceive this one....anyone had an experiences with that?

Im still hanging in there...hoping this month is my lucky month! Im on 7DPO now, still having symptoms, but trying not to look to far into them because Ive had them before and they meant nothing....Expected period is Jan 23....

Thats good i dont know if am going to take my fertilaid this cycle might start next cucle is af shows up x

I have preseed. All I can say is to use way less than what is recommended of BDing will be one slippery mess. A little goes a long way :)

Hope it works out well for you!

I'm hanging out at 6DPO today, and no symptoms other than being thoroughly exhausted for the past two days. Still taking my Vitex, waiting to see if it helps the spotting. I usually start to spot around 12DPO, so I'm curious. I know this is just the first month, but I've heard sometimes it works right away :)

Good morning ladies....

CD21 and I've been spotting for the past 4 days.It has been getting progressively heavier...almost to the point of classifying as light flow which would make FF put me on a new cycle. Anyway, I'm thinking that the vitex may just be leveling out some hormones and that is causing the light bleed. Has this happened to any of you? Should I just keep at'er and see what happens?!

Good morning ladies....

CD21 and I've been spotting for the past 4 days.It has been getting progressively heavier...almost to the point of classifying as light flow which would make FF put me on a new cycle. Anyway, I'm thinking that the vitex may just be leveling out some hormones and that is causing the light bleed. Has this happened to any of you? Should I just keep at'er and see what happens?!

No experience with this yet, as I've been taking it for less than a full cycle, but I've heard it can take 3-6 months to get you sorted out. Spotting is normal at first.

I spot like crazy with a normal cycle, and I'm hoping the vitex will help with that.

Just wanted to note....It seems that my temps have somewhat leveled out the last week or so. I typically jump around quite a lot but the last week I have held steady within a tenth of a degree :) I'm still having spotting/light flow issues though...argh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->