In hospital - possible infant spasms Update pg 2

Mrs IKW

Reaction score
Took Lottie in to be checked over as noticed she does a stretchy spasm thing where she stretches her arms above her head and goes rigid for a second or two. Its usually when shes waking up or sleepy. It looks like a big stretch. There is a family history of epilepsy on OH side and Ive heard about infantile spasms and monoclonic (sp) jerks etc so took her for check up this morning.
She has been admitted to hospital and is having tests done tomorrow morning (eeg or ecg etc) so now we are sat in room which is totally pointless as if she does any stretchy jerks there isnt any one to see them! I suggested making an appointment for tests and taking Lottie home and trying to film stretches rather than stay in but they werent having any of it! I think they are being extra cautious due to epilepsy being in the family.
I really hope its me being a paranoid Mummy and shes just got a funny reflex movement... Do very young babies stretch? She doesnt have control over her arms and cant reach for anything yet so I doubt it? Sorry for long post!

Oh dear, what a worry for you. Hope you get home soon and all is ok with your little girl. xx

hope your little one is ok hun.
Best for them to check her out fully.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope it's just a false alarm. Fin stretched from about 4 weeks, both arms up - bum in the air etc xx

thank you xx If it was just 1 stretch then I wouldnt worry, its because they come in 2 or 3's one after the other. Oh well, at least we are having tests tomorrow for peace of mind...

Yes Isabella stretched from pretty much day 1, much like you or I would when we wake in the morning, so I hope it's a false alarm!
I love her name by the way (Violet is my LO's middle name)!
Take care and I hope all is well. x

Hope all is well with your little girl x

Carter went to the hospital for the same thing on Dec 26th. We had 2 videos of him doing it (not exactly the same as yours, but spasms). Anyways, 2 doctors saw us and the videos and said that they were normal baby movements. Also, all the blood tests and the eeg (or ecg) came back normal. We know Carter and we know that it WASN'T normal. So we got sent home, but made an appointment to see our pediatrician the next day. She watched the videos and agreed with us and referred us to a nuerologist. We don't get to see him until Feb 15th. I hope you have better luck with your doctors. We are hoping if it's anything, that is it the spasms you mentioned. They are supposedly harmless and go away on their own. I don't mean to scare you if I have. PM me anytime.

I hope everything is okay :hugs: I'm not sure if its the same but every time I put Ivy down to change her nappy when she was younger she'd suddenly stretch her arms out and go rigid, I think it was just a reflex, it stopped at around 3 months so I'm sure everything is okay!

Tests all ok! Violet is obviously just a stretchy baby!!! Hopefully leaving hospital in a little bit. Thank goodness for that!

glad to hear that! You had me very worried because Jarrett stretches exactly how you surprised. I rushed to page two to read your update and if anything was wrong with your LO I would have been taking mine straight to the doctor as well.

Glad to hear all is okay xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->