in labour... quick question

LastOneDefo

Reaction score
Waters broke 6am. Come home from hospital...can i have a bath? I forgot to ask or more likely wasn't listening properly. Contracting every 6 mins and need something more than co codamol! lol

I don't see why not as you can sit in the tub at my hospital while in labor. Just don't let it too hot! GOod luck hunny!

I'm sure you could sit in water. I wouldn't recommend putting anything in the water though. When I stayed at home to labor as long as I could...I hoped in and out of the tub numerous times. Didn't hurt me or LO one bit!

Congrats on seeing your LO soon!!!!!

Hope you have a quick and easy labour hun. Good luck

With my son my waters broke (I was induced 24 hours later due to him not coming on his own accord), I was specifically told NOT to have a bath because of an increased chance of infection, they told me to use shower instead :)

Good luck! xx

I was told no bath, but i'd call in the hospital to double check. Good luck!

If you cant have a bath with just plain water how come you can have water births? Or is it only no baths if you put bubbles or oils in the water? sorry if I sound silly :blush: I was wondering this too

I was encouraged to get into the birthing pool long after my waters had gone...it was no more or less hygienic than my bath at home but I suppose they tell everyone to avoid it because they can't predict how clean and product-free people's baths are at home.

Lx

I was told to have a bath after my waters had broken to help me stay a home a while longer. Def no sex, like you'd want to! Goid luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->