In need of a little help

Zen_Jenn

Mother
Reaction score
Hi ya'll,
I'm new to second tri, been stalking for awhile but haven't posted.
Some background: DH and I live about 400 miles from my family, and go there about 3-4 times a year. We'll be going for five days next week for Christmas.
Just got a message from my little brother this morning (he's 26, but lives at home), he knocked up his girlfriend, and they're due in March (I'm due in June). I'm really, really upset by this news. I know I should be happy, but up till now I thought mine would be the first grandchild.
It kinda explains why my parents haven't cared much about my pregnancy, I called them yesterday, and they didn't ask any questions or want to know about my Dr's appointment (last Monday). I'm really hurt, and don't know how I'm going to get through Christmas, every time I think about it my eyes well up.
Any advice? And yes, I know I'm rotten and I should be happy for them.

I wouldn't neccessarily think that your parents aren't interested just because they're due before you. Fact is even though you live further away as time goes on you'll get closer to your mum and your bro will prob drift off as girlies often go towards their girfls family.

It could just be they don't like to ask, It's prob hard for them to get close when they live so far away. I live abt 300 miles from from parents and my mum misses grandkids so much, we're planning to move closer but not for a few years.

Try not to feel disheartened and if it does worry you that much talk to your parents, tell them how you feel, blame it on hormones and feeling a little left out I'm sure they'll do all they can to reassure you and am sure crimbo will be fine.

Thanks Star,
I'm starting to feel not quite as unreasonable. I'll blame it on hormones, but I think it was just me being selfish. I'm continuously disappointed by my family, DH always tells me not to be surprised, but it still hurts.
I think you're right, it was me who moved away (almost 8 years ago), and the rest of my family still lives a stone's throw from each other.

You are NOT being unreasonable. Something similar happened to me last year. We planned our baby and announced it and then my husbands brother and his girlfriend got pregnant by accident. I was happy at first but then felt almost like they were stealing my thunder! Then when I reached 8 months- she went into labor! I was really upset. Everyone rushed to the hospital to visit her because the baby was so premature. Unfortunately, her baby did not survive. I gave birth a few weeks later and no one came to visit me (except my parents) because we live an hour away. I know how you feel!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->