In need of new make-up!

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by ~NEL~, Jun 6, 2011.

1. ~NEL~

~NEL~ Well-Known Member

As the title says i NEED new make up. My hubby is treating so thought why need get a whole new bag full.
    I use-
    foundation
    blusher
    kajal stick for the inner rim of my eye(preferably one that doesnt run or come off after 2 seconds)
    mascara
    liquid liner.
    But like some new ones esp the foundation. I currently use mac but i opted for the one slightly darker than my skin tone n it makes me look orange
    Would like to start using a concealer to make me look like i have 12 hours of sleep every night (pffft fat chance)
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    And oh yeah on the look out for a new foundation brush x
    (That is all I can think of right now)

2. slf2010

slf2010 Well-Known Member

Hiya
    I gave my makeup bag a massive overhaul just before Chrismas- I have bought all Estee Lauder bits and they are fab!- Foundation that I have is double wear foundation as is the concealer and then I got a set which contained everything else- blushers, bronzer, eye pencils, lots of eyeshadows, 2 lipglosses, lipsticks and eye make up remover, brushes, a mirror and a vanity case! Also got a double wear mascara. I have sensitive skin and this is fine for me. You can have a free makeover at any estee lauder counter in boots / debenhams etc..where they will take you through their range and what suits your skin- would def reccommend xxx

3. Lucy22

Lucy22 Mama,Daddy & 2 Princesses

As previous poster said, Estee Lauder is the way to go for foundation! "Double Wear" gives fantastic coverage, and theres a concealor that matches is, as well as a face powder. I used to wear Mac Studio Fix but seriously, I've yet to find anything that beats "Double Wear". Can't reccommend it highly enough. For a foundation brush, MAC ones are expensive but well worth it long term, they last ages and are great.

"Touché Eclait" by Yves St Laurent is the best concealor I've ever used, its fantastic for black bags under the eyes as well as blemishes. For face powders, I like the "Double Wear" one, but the MAC "Studio Fix" one is good too.

For Eyeliner, Estee Lauder do a fantastic one, but I can't remember the name of it. Its a real smudgy one, I love it. I'll get back to you if I remember. For mascara, I love Lancomé "Hypnosé" , Benefit "Bad Gal" & Dior "Dior Show" - all equally great and well worth the price.

MAC do lovely blushers, "Peachy Keen" is my favorite natural one.

As previous poster said, if you go to any Make Up Counter you can get a Make Over done, usually redeemable with a £40 purchase (ie. the make over is free if you spend £40!), so that might be a nice treat.

Anyways, hope that helped :D x

4. Ang3l

Ang3l Pregnant after loss

Things I would recommend would be:

Foundation: Revlon Colourstay Foundation - You can get it for oily/combination skin or dry/normal skin. It has a good range of colours too. Im NC15 in MAC and I use 150 Buff in this. I wouldn't go back to MAC foundation now when I use this. Its so much cheaper too.

Concealer: MAC Moisturecover is quite good as is their Studio Finish one though this one is better for blemishes/spots and the moisturecover is good for undereyes.

Blush: MAC Mineralize Blushes are nice, Bourjouris blush is nice too as well as NARS Orgasm blush.

Eyeliner: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Pencil Liners are really good. They glide on really smoothly and stay put too. As for liquid liner, L'Oreal Superliner is very good.

Mascara: Maxfactor False Lash Effect Fusion is very good, as is Maybelline The Falsies, though not the waterproof one, its rubbish.

Eyeshadow: I love MAC and Urban Decay eyeshadows, they are really soft and pigmented and go one really well. If you use a primer like Urban Decay Primer Potion/Two Faced Shadow Insurance it will enhance them and make them last longer too. The Naked Palette from Urban Decay is brilliant.

Lipstick: MAC has loads of nice lipcolours as does L'Oreal Colour Riche and Revlon Colourburst lipsticks.

Lipgloss: MAC do great ones but they are very sticky which is really annoying. Also Revlon Superlusterus glosses and L'Oreal Glam Shine ones are nice too.

Brushes: MAC do great brushes but they are a bit expensive. No7 from Boots do nice brushes that aren't too expensive though.

I think this covers everything, hope this helps :)