In need of some major possitivity :-(

MumNo2

Reaction score
i went for my early re-assurance scan today and iv left feeling completely deflated and in tears! what was there measured 5 weeks, and he could see the yolk sack and thats about it, no heartbeat which i was aware might be the case, iv to go back in 2 weeks so we will know more then.

i leave monday morning for a holiday abroad for a week and to tell the truth im now terrified something bad is going to happen when im away :-(

why does this have to be so hard 2 begin with, i have previously had 2 mc before i had my son 2 years ago but this is something iv never experienced.

i guess im just concerned as i have no symptoms and i have mild on/off cramping.

does anyone have any advice or been here and the outcome been good?

just feeling totally depressed now :-(

xx

I'm no expert but I thought they didn't expect a heartbeat till six weeks? Even then isn't it difficult to see?

Hope all goes well for you.

No advice, other than try to relax and enjoy your holiday - I know it's easy for me to say, but worrying isn't going to help :hugs:

IMO they shouldn't do a reassurance scan at that date, it's too soon! I had one at 6+5 and you could barely see anything (let alone hear it), not seeing a heart beat at 5 weeks measured is 100% normal... sorry you are going through this, but please hold on for next time!

How far along do you think you are?

I went in at 5+4 (and I know my dates) and there was nothing but a gestational sac, not even a yolk, and I was devastated. I went back in 6 days later at 6+3 and there was a heartbeat but only measuring 5+4. I went in 2 days later at 6+5 and somehow it caught up and measured 6+5. It is very difficult in the beginning sometimes and in my case things obviously grew slowly at first. Also be aware that if you have a tilted uterus, things seem to measure behind a lot. Good luck and don't get too stressed until you get some answers at your next scan.

i wasnt sure as this bubs wasnt planned, was a wee surprise, the dates could be right, i wouldnt have put myself at anymore than 6 weeks :-S

im back on the 15th so im praying with all i have that il then measure 7 weeks and theres a heartbeat! im probably making a mountain out a mole hill its just not nice to see the wee blob with now movement, just hanging around and no heartbeat it makes u think the worst :-( also the fact that iv no symptoms to give me hope and this cramping feeling doesnt help!

i just want someone to tell me everythings fine with bubs but i know thats impossable for any1 2 say :-S

xx

When I was pregnant with my baby boy we were told by the hospital that the heartbeat can't be seen until 8 weeks. I also had mild cramping when I was pregnant, it is probably stretching. Enjoy your holiday and try not to worry too much :hugs:

I didn't see the HB at 5 weeks. Only a SMALL shadow of a yolk sac. Went back a week later, and there was the heart beating away! Don't worry about it. It's completely NORMAL!

I didn't see the HB at 5 weeks. Only a SMALL shadow of a yolk sac. Went back a week later, and there was the heart beating away! Don't worry about it. It's completely NORMAL!

youve just made me feel that little bit better, thank you so much for replying :-( were u feeling this worried or am i being a total baby ?
might be cause im going abroad to that will be adding to the anxiety of it all :s

xx

no heart bet can be heard at 5 weeks,maybe at 6-7weeks d doc will hear a faint one,i also had loads of cramps early on,im still having some pains till now...so try to relax and enjoy your holiday

If you are only between 5 and 6 weeks you are fine!!!! I didn't even have a yolk sac at 5+4! And I had a vaginal ultrasound with a good machine. We don't have a crystal ball to see the future, but with the information you have, you are right on track. It also takes a very experienced technician to see something at that point. Do not worry, as it is way to early to be worried about that. These early scans are so stressful. I really with I hadn't had my first one because i spent a week accepting that I had a miscarriage when I really didnt. Stay positive!

PS-
Cramping is a symptom!!! It was my first clue that I was pregnant as I don't really get AF cramps! I saw my doc at 13 dpo when I got my positive, and he said to expect cramping and I am going to feel like AF is coming...and I still feel that way every day :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->