• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

In need of success stories 40plus

harley9671

Reaction score
I've been trying to find threads that contain success stories of ladies that have conceived over 40 and very disheartened not to be able to find any..
So ladies....do you have a success story to share..
Know of a thread that contains them...just to give the ones still trying to conceive a bit of hope.......

There are loads on here hun. You musn't be looking in the right places.

I'll see if I can find one of the other threads.

P.S. I'm 41, 42 in just over 2 weeks and pregnant with my first after a missed miscarriage in Nov 09. There's your starter for ten.

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-over-35/719874-over-35-first-pregnancy.html

A few of the ladies in here now have their babies or are very close to including the lady who starting the thread, now mumofsix.

https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-groups/355138-ttc-40-plus-lets-share-ups-downs.html

I know there are more but it might take some time to find them.

You should probably look in the pregnancy over 35 forum, everyone in here is still TTC?

Harley :hugs:. Confession time!! I've stalked the 'Over 35 and first preg' (the top thread) that truly_blessed as posted about :blush:.....

Thanks for your replies ladies. Just took a peak at the 35 and over pregnancies. It would of made me feel better if I hadn't received in the post today a free newborn advent baby bottle....just after I got yet another BFN.
Really bad timing....so upset...?

Thanks for your replies ladies. Just took a peak at the 35 and over pregnancies. It would of made me feel better if I hadn't received in the post today a free newborn advent baby bottle....just after I got yet another BFN.
Really bad timing....so upset...?

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi,

I had a mc at 41 in August 2009 and am now 44 (conceived when I was 43) and am 25wks today with a little boy -- we were a month away from IVF, but got pregnant naturally; he's a big boy (over 2lbs already) and everything seems good, so far....

there are a number of ladies in the over 35 and pregnancy after a loss that are over 40, if that helps...

best wishes

Ive been on these boards a year now and seen soooo many nearly 40 and over 40 BFPs, dont give up. It will probably take a little more time to find that golden egg, but its there. I got impatient and doing IVF and have responded well so far for an old 'un!! (Im 39)

I just wanted to share a story of a friend of a friend because I think its such a good one. She was told from a young age she could not have children. She had one child in her 30s after 2 rounds of IVF. I believe she tried for 6 more rounds to have a sibling but was unsuccessful, as usually she would not even produce a single egg. She became pregnant naturally (and delivered a healthy baby!) at 44. By this point she assumed she was menopausal so didn't know she was pregnant until 5 months!

Hey harley,

There are tons of success stories. I started a team "Team Tick Tock 35+ TTC" about a year ago and many of the ladies are pregnant or have given birth! Check out our first page for the stats!

https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-groups/474738-team-tick-tock-35-ttc-racing-beat-clock.html

Two of my childhood friends, one is 38 and the other 40, are pregnant. Both say they weren't trying. Go figure. LOL.

My mother became pregnant at 38, and she wasn't trying either. Similar to what the above poster shared, my mom thought she was going through menopause so pregnancy wasn't discovered until she was 5 months along.

It can take some of us longer (but some catch the egg right away), but it is also very possible to conceive in your 40's. I plan on doing it pretty soon! :haha:

For posting this thread. I am also relatively new to this forum. 40 and trying to conceive my first. I find these discussions very inspirational. :flower:

my stats are from after I turend 35 ( I already had 3 children born in '84, '91 and '92)
'02 age 38 Annabelle stillborn at 31 wks
'04 age 40 Samuel born healthy at 38 wks
'06 age 42 bfp then m/c 11w4d
'06 age 42 bfp then m/c at 7 wks
'09 age 45 Daniel born healthy at 38 wks.
'10 age 46 bfp twins m/c 10wks
'10 age 46 bfp twins m/c 9 wks
'11 age 47 bfp m/c 8 wks
'11 age 47 just got a very dark bfp and feeling very sick so hopefully this will stay put til I am 48 1/2

I have also had at least another 6 chem pgs in there where I had confirmed betas but they never progressed past 6 wks.

my stats are from after I turend 35 ( I already had 3 children born in '84, '91 and '92)
'02 age 38 Annabelle stillborn at 31 wks
'04 age 40 Samuel born healthy at 38 wks
'06 age 42 bfp then m/c 11w4d
'06 age 42 bfp then m/c at 7 wks
'09 age 45 Daniel born healthy at 38 wks.
'10 age 46 bfp twins m/c 10wks
'10 age 46 bfp twins m/c 9 wks
'11 age 47 bfp m/c 8 wks
'11 age 47 just got a very dark bfp and feeling very sick so hopefully this will stay put til I am 48 1/2

I have also had at least another 6 chem pgs in there where I had confirmed betas but they never progressed past 6 wks.

Impressive! Congratulations!! :happydance:

I fell pregnant naturally age 38, chemical, then straight after naturally pregnant again, had my healthy daughter - labour started on her due date and I was 39. I then got pregnant again age 40 whilst breastfeeding and had a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks. I am now 41 and trying again, ovulating regularly and feeling healthy. It can happen! Us women were designed to get pregnant well up until menopause. It CAN be done! Don't let modern day statistics scare you. Our Victorian ancestors were giving birth to their 10th, 11th, 12th child by the time they were 44 years old or so. Don't give up your dreams!! xxx

I'm 35, but a friend of mine is now 42 and pregnant. She had an ectopic and a missed miscarriage in her 30's. This time she'd just about given up hope and is now 13 weeks pregnant. 3 scans so far have shown baby to be doing just fine. This will be her first child and hopefully not her last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"