In search of a like-minded WTT pen pal!

Well I used to want four before I nannied, now I feel like I'd probably want three, but if we had a boy and a girl, maybe we'd be done. He's more into maybe going for a third of we have two boys or two girls, but it's hard to say until we're there. He's from a family of four, with a gap of 6-7 years between the first two and second two, and I'm from a family of 3.

You?

He only wants one, so I really hope its a girl (or twins, ha ha). If its a boy, I might try to see of he wants a second eventually. I think one boy and one girl would be perfect. :)

I probably said this before, but I desperately want a girl!! After nannying two girls, the thought of having a boy terrifies me - I feel like I won't know what to do haha! I also can't imagine not having a daughter, as my relationship with my mom is one of my most cherished, and I would be disappointed to not have that! Of course I'd still want a boy along the way, but having a girl first will put me at ease. The whole "big brother" thing is nice though too!

I am more open to a boy than k was when I was a teen, because when my mom had my brother, I wished he was a girl... then he was born and he was amazing. So I would be alright if it was a boy but I would def be disappointed at first. Having a girl would be soooo special because like you said, the mother daughter relationship is priceless, and I am also very girly so I would LOVE to dress her up in cute outfits and decorate a girl's room etc. So I completely agree with you, a girl would be phenomenal.

I hope I didn't ask this already...I dont think I did... have you played around with any baby names?

No you didn't ask yet,

Our top names are Jack and Eden due to their meaning to our family (Jack is my Pap's affectionate nickname and Eden is the town his mom grew up in and we all visit frequently as a family), but I don't love love love the sound of them compared to some others. I also don't want to name my child the most popular name because then everyone will have that name too!

I've loved Mason ever since high school, but really good friends just named their son Mason :( same with Madison, although the friends are more acquaintances and also Madison isn't on top of my list anymore.

Girls: Lila, Avery, Chloe, Nora, Maya, Elena
Boys: Declan, Liam, Everett, Evan, Owen

My husband up until recently absolutely refused to discuss names. He loved the name Mason too, and his second pick is Declan. I don't love it but its growing on me.

You?

Oh we also love Lily, but my brothers cat and best friends cats are named Lily. Boo.

I LOOOOVE your top names! Both of them are nice. I love the name Eden and the meaning you have for it is special.

DH wants to use relatives names, which I understand, but I don't really like any of the guy names in our family. He might want Lawrence (its his own middle name and his dad's name) but then people will call him larry and I dont like that. But Lawrence itself isn't too bad, its better than all the other guy names in our families. And his grandma's name is Evelyn. So that is our girl choice so far. I also like Kelly, its my moms name, and we are close, otherwise maybe Evelyn Kelly. I might try hard to convince him to let us use a relative name for a boy as just the middle name and pick something else for the first name, but I have no ideas yet, boys names are hard!

I loved all your girls names, and they have all been on my list, except for Elena, I think. Nora is such a gorgeous name, too.

Sorry I took so long to reply, drove 5 hours to Minnesota to visit my best friend for a few days. I'm back now! :) how are things going for you?

No worries! I've been trying to be less obsessive about being on here :)

I've always liked Lawrence as a full name but agree that the nickname Larry isn't ideal. Evelyn is beautiful!!

I've been good, I'm officially in my last cycle before we start trying so it's helping me feel super positive and excited vs just counting down the days. We also saw a large group of friends this past weekend we don't often see and they were all asking about our plans, so we shared that we're going to start trying and everyone was so excited so that helped too!! DH has also been talking about it more and sharing in the excitement, and the excitement has put an extra spark in our relationship so everything is feeling nice and warm and fuzzy.

I've requested to him that he put up with a few days a month of BBT tracking (he hates the beeping) just to reassure myself, but I don't feel I need to do a whole month anymore.

How are things with you? Any luck with the job/insurance search and your DHs eagerness to get started?

I'm so excited for you to start TTC next month! So close! I will be rooting for you! I'm also rooting for my best friend, she has been TTC #2 since December, however, she hasn't done much research (she didn't know you could only get pregnant when you ovulate, etc) so I've been trying to help her get pregnant faster by giving her tips. Her first pregnancy was a surprise so she can't understand why she can't get pregnant since she has been trying for a few months now, but I'm trying to let her know if can take 6 months to a year for healthy couples. I'm hoping you get pregnant the first month you try, I will be happy for you and it will get me excited. :)

For some reason the job I'm trying for is taking FOREVER. The HR person keeps telling me the hiring manager is just putting off going through the applications. Ugh. I'm applying for other jobs as well now. Its so frustrating, if I had the job my hubby would be so much more relaxed abut talking about TTC but right now there are so many other stresses that he doesn't want to talk about it much still. So frustrating. Even IF we can't TTC for a few months I still want to be able to talk about it and look forward to it. It helps that my mom likes to talk about it with me sometimes. I think she is almost more excited than I am.

Our weather here is going to warm up next week! We have been in the 0 degree or wayyy negative area for so long and now next week we will get 40's and possible even into the 50's! So excited! Once I can get to do more things outside it will distract me a bit from all the baby obsession, haha. How cold has it been lately for you? Does it look to warm up anytime soon?

I hope the job search becomes more successful for you!! So frustrating when you can't talk about TTC with DH like you should be able to!

Two weeks until my next AF is over and we'll be officially trying! I'm going between extreme excitement and near panic attacks knowing that major life change is finally (hopefully) happening!

I was able to talk with a girlfriend who's in the same boat as me last night and it was so great! They also plan on trying next cycle, but she hasn't done any tracking so she's a bit nervous. I've told her about this forum and Kindara and said she can talk to me about anything!

I found out a fourth friend had a miscarriage recently, so I'm trying not to think about that as it'll only cause stress, but it's so terrifying! I can't imagine.

Since I was away this month during O I relied on opks and CM to tell me if O happened, and I was sure it did, but the one temp I took this month didn't show it. I'm hoping it's just because it was my first sleep being home and I was totally bagged. I didn't temp since then because I needed the sleep, so hopefully the next few days will show a raised temp so I know for sure. I feel like I'm way more in tune with my body's signs alone, and that helps me relax.

The weather here is in full spring mode! The snow is almost gone! So yes, I agree, being outside will be a nice distraction!

Do you have any plans for the next few months that will help distract from the WTT time?

I have an interview on Monday morning, and I have a really good feeling about it! I'm soooooo excited! If I have a job and insurance, DH wants to get a full physical and if everything looks good we should be able to TTC within the next few months.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend who had a MC. That's always a worry, but try not to think about it because it can drive someone crazy. I hope you are able to conceive right away and that it sticks and everything goes smoothly!

When will you be trying for the first time this next month? Must be soon! Yay!!!

My plans for right now are to distract myself by working on my paintings every day, which I have been doing. I don't remember if I've told you but I am an artist and I've been preparing to enter into a bunch of art shows/fairs this summer. So that does keep me busy, and I enjoy it, but yeah shows are expensive to enter so the new job will help a lot with that. I also will be starting to exercise more especially now that the weather is nicer. My husband and I love to bike and play tennis and go on walks so we will be doing a lot more of those kinds of things hopefully soon.

Does your man seem excited or nervous the closer you get to trying?

How did the interview go?? That's so exciting! I'm glad your DH is willing to get a physical, I mentioned it to mine when we first started talking and he isn't willing to do that. Well guess who's going if we don't conveive quickly!! Cause all my stuff looks just fine. Anyways...

I'm supposed to start my period tomorrow or Thursday, so after that's done we will be trying! We just found out a close friend is expecting and I think there will be lots of those announcements soon, so I really hope everything works swiftly for us!

My DH is for sure excited. I've stopped asking him to do anything altogether (like stop drinking) cause it just caused fighting, but I've given him the dates of the week we will be trying every day and told him no heavy drinking that week. I'm already done since the two weddings we had as that served as a notice to my friends to not ask me why I'm not drinking after that point. It's actually a nice feeling!

I'll be moving to the TTC forum this week, but I'll check back here if you need to chat, and I'll be sure to post when I get the BFP!

Let me know how the job goes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->