In the hospital..only 34 weeks...scared

fiveoyea

Reaction score
So I was having back pain..cramps and some nausea all weekend..I called my doc today and went in..I was not dilated but having contractions but spread out..they sent me to the hospital for meds to stop the contractions.. I took 4 doses over an hr and it didn't work..in fact they were 1 1/2 to 2 min apart...and got more painful..the doc said. Have not dilated but cervix has softened...keeping me overnight hoping they stop ...anyone had this??? I'm totally scared and want her to stay put for at least a week...

Hope the contractions will stop for you and little one will stay in for a while longer. But if it is any comfort to you, here's an extract from babycenter.com "If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine."

Sending prayer for you both. :flower:

Thank you so much! It was just so unexpected! Totally thought I would be in and out of here but no luck

Hope all goes well hun and that little one stays put a little longer for you :hugs:

Aw I'm sorry you have to stress about this :( Hope they can stop the contractions tonight, and I agree if baby can't wait there shouldn't be any severe problems

Thinking of you x
Hope they manage to stop things but if not i'm sure everything will be just fine xxx

My doctor told me that 97% of babies born at 32 weeks turn out perfectly healthy so your LO should be fine in case anything happens. Good luck!

Hope LO stays put! Fingers crossed for you let us know what happens! Xx

Hope all goes OK, and little one sticks around in your tummy for a few more weeks! Xxx

I hope they manage to stop the contractions for you.

But just to let you know, my DS was born at 33+5weeks after going into spontaneous labour, they didn't try and stop it however. I just got a steroid injection for his lungs (was due a 2nd one later but I had him before it was due).

He's now 2years 4months and a little terror! No health problems at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"