purple01

Mummy to Ben + Bump
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Thought you might be interested in this:

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8232089.stm

A reminder to everyone: Make sure you take your folic acid! :thumbup:

Quote from the news article:

"Research suggests up to 75% of cases could be prevented by the mother taking folic acid three months before conception, and during pregnancy."

TFS - I've been taking mine since we started trying. But I'm a bit of a Kelloggs addict so I'm hoping that's enough FA to cover me off prior to then!

yep i take mine too!!! x thanks for the link x

OOh - I thought it was one month prior to conception, glad I saw this. Thanks!!

I was so excited about ttc, that I started takiing folic acid supplements at the beginning of Aug, when ttc was originally planned for Jan lol -now we had decided to bring it forward til October -i'd better make sure thats the end of October, to make sure i've had 3 months.

Thanks again
Baby dust to all :dust::dust:

On the subject of folic acid... I've been taking extra folic acid for around a month and a half. Before that I was getting B12 shots for a few months. The doctor told me that they had folic acid in them when I said that we were going to start trying.

Do you think there is enough folic acid in B12 shots to satisfy the three months before conception?

hey girls

holand and barrats have 250 tablets at 400mg for just 2.49!!! less than a penny each!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->