• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Incompetent cervix after termination?

Blue_bumpkin

Love My Little Monkey :)
Reaction score
I had a surgical termination at 13+6 a year before I fell pregnant with my youngest. I had no problem carrying my son to term.

However I worried all the way through his pregnancy about cervical insufficiency as I know my previous termination would put me at higher risk for that.

I don't want to worry all the way thru with this baby so was going to request cervical length checks at my next app. What are the chances of them agreeing? I am in the UK and this isn't done routinely x

I had a surgical termination at 13+6 a year before I fell pregnant with my youngest. I had no problem carrying my son to term.

However I worried all the way through his pregnancy about cervical insufficiency as I know my previous termination would put me at higher risk for that.

I don't want to worry all the way thru with this baby so was going to request cervical length checks at my next app. What are the chances of them agreeing? I am in the UK and this isn't done routinely x

I didn't want to read it and run. But try not to worry, I've had numerous miscarriages, numerous D&C's. I was worried when I was pregnant with my daughter a few years back and they still wouldn't do the checks but a doctor told me the human body is really resiliant and he was right. Your body has proved right for you in the past, if the doctors won't agree to the checks try not to worry (I know easier said than done). :hugs: xxx

I've had two D&Cs within in a year, which from what I've heard is similar to the way a termination is done in that they have to open your cervix artificially, and went on to carry my rainbow to full term. So far every check I've had with this baby has showed a long cervix. I'd say your chances of risk of an incompetent cervix is very small, especially having only one termination. Try not to worry. The body is designed to do amazing things.

I do know that if your cervix is going to present itself as incompetent somewhere around the 20-24 week mark. I know this because I went through this my last pregnancy. It was just a regular scan and they noticed my cervix shortening so then I had to come in every week til 24 weeks to see if it got any shorter, which luckily, it didn't. I've had a couple d&c's a long time ago and they said it was most likely because of that.

Not sure on the best way to get your doctor to be concerned, maybe just express your own concern and say that you want the scans to check at the right time, and if they don't agree, get a private scan if your family can afford it. Good luck, I understand your concern but I'm sure you're fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"