Inconclusive Scan... Just like last time :(

SwtlyBlessed

Reaction score
I'm feeling so blue. Our first ultrasound with baby #1 was hard, as I should have been 8 weeks (according to an ovulation kit), but the heartbeat was too slow. He said wait a week, I may miscarry, I might not. Thankfully things turned out ok, although I did turn out to be less pregnant than the ovulation kit said by 1.5 weeks which still doesn't make sense to me or my doc.

Just went in for first ultrasound for baby #2, and again I should have been 8 weeks (I asked to have a later scan just in case but they said no). this time he couldn't see fetal poles or a heartbeat at all. He says it's either a blighted ovum or I'm not quite six weeks. This time timing was just based on LMP. My daughter is only 4.5 months and I was exclusively breastfeeding so he said it is highly likely I ovulated at a weird time, but that we can't assume anything either way. This time we have to wait two weeks :(

I am so horribly drained with BF, working full time, and pregnancy symptoms, and now it may be for no good reason. I just keep crying :( Any thoughts or sympathetic/encouraging words would be lovely

Hugs, limbo is horrid. BFing always messed up my cycles. They were mostly long with a short LP. I still managed to get pregnant 3 times while BFing but my LMP was never right. I hope thats whats wrong with your dates too and yhat everything is fine. When did you first get your BFP or the start of symptoms?

If you have cycles that are longer then 28 days then going by lmp isnt reliable and would be off.
But also breastfeeding makes your cycle irregular and you may not O at your usual time.
Fx for a good outcome

Sorry to hear you're going through this. Hang in there - fingers crossed for a good outcome x

Thank you all. I got my BFP almost two weeks ago. My GP got a positive urine test on a Tuesday, but on the previous Saturday I was negative. I guess if I was just 3 or 3.5 weeks at that point then I'd be under six weeks right now (which would mean it was just early). I guess until the 26th all we can do is hope.

Praying for you hon :hugs: I'm know how hard these early weeks are. Just keep reminding yourself it all turned out okay with your last baby. Hopefully your just earlier than you thought, maybe a later o, or later impantation. I also disagree with your doctor, when I was exclusively breastfeeding, I never O'D at the same time and some months didn't o at all. Breastfeeding does weird stuff to cycles. Hang in there love.

Thank you all. I got my BFP almost two weeks ago. My GP got a positive urine test on a Tuesday, but on the previous Saturday I was negative. I guess if I was just 3 or 3.5 weeks at that point then I'd be under six weeks right now (which would mean it was just early). I guess until the 26th all we can do is hope.

I can see how that makes the dates a close thing. The last 3 pregnancies I got my BFP at 9 dpo so it is possible. Was the line strong, or still quite faint?

Thats really annoying you have to wait two weeks now to be scanned again. It seems likely they would be able to tell in a weeks time. I guess this way you will get a definite answer for sure from the scan but its going to be a long two weeks for you.

A faint line would indicate your HCG was low for the sensitivity of the test. As in, if your test had a sensitivity of 25, you only barely triggered it. Usually people get their positives around 12-15ish DPO. (as an average) Those LMP calculators work best with a 28 day cycle. So... from the timing of your faint pregnancy test, you probably O-ed much later than the LMP would put your week at.

That would be in line with the idea that you're actually only 6 weeks-ish.

I can't ask you to stop worrying (that'd be crazy!) but just to indicate that your doctor might be right. Hopefully that means you see a healthy baby and hb in 2 weeks, when you're -actually- 8 weeks along. :)

Its just the fainter it was the earlier you were likely to be when you tested. If you had had a super dark line almost 2 weeks ago I'd think it less likely you were less than 6 weeks now but if it was a faint one it seems quite possible.

Ok that makes sense. I'm trying not to get too lost in things, but that does give me a bit more hope. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers everyone. I'm so grateful to have this forum to connect with people like you all :)

Hoping for the best for you. Please do update us after the scan !

I will definitely let you all know what happens. We go back on the 26th so just a little more than a week left to go

Ok, our big day is tomorrow. Feeling nervous, and just wanted to post to this thread for really no good reason at all. I'm super sick and run down with BF such a little one while working and pregnant (or at least symptomaticly pregnant), but I have been having a lot of food aversions and discharge similar to last pregnancy, so I'm hoping that's a good sign. Hubby seems to feel very positive about the whole thing, but I'm trying not to get too hopeful. Wish me luck!

Looking forward to your update, I know how nerve-wracking it is and I'm sorry you're going through it! But I feel hopeful for you based on when your positive test came through and if you were that early you saw exactly what you should have.

This pregnancy I didn't get a very very faint positive test until I should have been 19dpo and they put me back a week at both of my scans, exactly like the late positive test suggested. Very hopeful for you and looking forward to a positive update tomorrow :)

Ok, our big day is tomorrow. Feeling nervous, and just wanted to post to this thread for really no good reason at all. I'm super sick and run down with BF such a little one while working and pregnant (or at least symptomaticly pregnant), but I have been having a lot of food aversions and discharge similar to last pregnancy, so I'm hoping that's a good sign. Hubby seems to feel very positive about the whole thing, but I'm trying not to get too hopeful. Wish me luck!

Your dh sounds like mine. Endlessly hopeful even when im the biggest negative nancy lol
Your symptoms sound well. Let us know how it goes tomorrow, my fingers are crossed for you.
You can always catch my on my parenting journal in my signature if you want to keep in touch! Lots of babydust for tomorrow!

Good Luck! Ready to hear about your sweet baby! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"