Inconsistent periods after BC, overweight, some signs of PCOS but no PCOS?

rabbitheart

Reaction score
Hello... I'm having a hard time finding a thread like this... please direct me if I'm just bad at using this website. lol

Here's my situation:

I've been to the doctor recently and he ran some blood tests. We were worried about PCOS, primarily. I carry my weight in my stomach primarily... have hirsutism, irregular periods but only after stopping BC in 2014 and thought I had signs of insulin resistance. My gyno mentioned probably having more androgens the first time she saw me. I have another appointment with her in the next couple of weeks.

However, my thyroid is fine, my blood sugar is actually a little low (so I am unlikely to have PCOS) and the only issue he could see is that I have low b12 and Vitamin D. I'm now on D pills and b12 shots.

However, I am overweight. Technically obese. I've always been chunky but after losing 25 pounds in 2010, I gained it all back plus 30 pounds.

I'm currently trying to lose weight. I've lost 6 or 7 pounds so far and I am trying to eat better, in general. I'm trying to go without caffeine for the most part and I never really drink alcohol regularly anyway. I will start exercising once I'm over my current cold/allergy flare up/bird flu.

It's just a little confusing. We've been NTNP this whole time and I really thought PCOS was the reason this wasn't happening and that my periods were becoming so irregular. While I'm glad I don't have it, it makes me confused and concerned. Can this really just happen because you're overweight? :wacko:

Anyone else in this boat, or a similar one? :flower:

Hello Rabbitheart. I think you are experienced from High Estrogen or estrogen dominance symptoms.
Symptoms of high levels of estrogen may include:
• PMS
• Migraines
• Mood swings, feeling easily angered
• Cramps
• Uterine fibroids
• Depression
• Unexplained weight gain
• Feeling fatigued or lethargic
• Osteoporosis
• Insomnia
• Allergies
• Memory loss
• Skin problems such as acne, psoriasis, or a red flushed appearance
• Breast sore, tender, and/or enlarged
• Miscarriage
• Low sex drive
• High blood pressure
• Facial hair – excessive growth
• Inflammation
• Hot flashes
• Thinning hair or excessive loss
• Irregular periods

Does your obgyn check your hormone levels? Have you had a pelvic scan to check for PCOS or cysts?

I was on depo shot from Oct 214 until April 2015. I have hypothyroid, high blood pressure and I am obese too. I haven't had my period since I stopped the shot. My doctor checked and my hormones are within normal levels. The pelvic scan was normal. In addition I was on provera to induce my period twice and it didn't work. So far I am frustrated too because I wanna get pregnant and my body seems to keep in the BC stage. My next step is to loose weight to see if being obese is making me infertile. So I will let you know how it ends. Also I gained 20 pounds due to the provera. So I am more frustrated about that fact. No more BC for me.

I was not diagnosed via blood work. I was diagnosed via ultra sound I have the typical pearl necklace around my ovaries which is a huge pcos indicator. Have you had an ultra sound of the ovaries?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->