Incontinence Pants for PP bleeding

CupcakeBaby

Pregnant with a Princess
Reaction score
On the recommendation of my SIL and some other ladies I've just 'treated' myself to a pack of Depends pants for my hospital bag! :shy: I'm not sure how heavy the bleeding will be - but they should be pretty bomb proof I'm hoping!

Boots have them £10 for a pack of 16 or so, and also got some bed pads (more for labour) and some night time Tena pads (look a better shape than the maternity pads, as they're really wide at the back and that's where I normally leak on my period at night.

Not my proudest moment, but thought it was worth sharing as I'm worried about leaking the first few days and embarassing myself in the car on the way home, or in front of guests or ruining our memory foam matress.

Also figure the pants are great as I can just throw them away instead of worrying about washing etc.

I wear tena now, have done for awhile. Persistent cough + spd + second baby = feeble pelvic floor! :blush:
Never even though of the full pants for afterwards, gone for the standard paper knickers and mat pads followed by big granny pants and always night time pads here

On the recommendation of my SIL and some other ladies I've just 'treated' myself to a pack of Depends pants for my hospital bag! :shy:

Boots have them £10 for a pack of 16 or so, and also got some bed pads (more for labour) and some night time Tena pads (look a better shape than the maternity pads, as they're really wide at the back and that's where I normally leak on my period at night.

Not my proudest moment, but thought it was worth sharing as I'm worried about leaking the first few days and embarassing myself in the car on the way home, or in front of guests or ruining our memory foam matress.

Also figure the pants are great as I can just throw them away instead of worrying about washing etc.

:D
Keep doing your pelvic floor exercises huni!
And its definitely worth saving on washing :D
And the tena pants are discreet also :) xxxxx

Sorry - didn't mean to confuse - I mean I got them for the bleeding - but will definitely be handy for any wee troubles too!!

Good idea you got them for the bleeding as I was slightly shocked after birth about how much I was bleeding! I never knew it was that much :(

Ooh thats a good idea lol! I see lol for pp bleeding thats a very good idea! I will join you in buying some lol!! xxx

I.bled heavily, but.nothing a good maxi couldnt take care of. Lol. Good on you for thinking.of.it though!

Be wary of anything not maternity wise as they could be scented which is a no no as the smell can be what indicates a infection.

I used them last time and they were very comfortable. I did put a regular pad in and changed that as I bed.

I used incontinence pads for my PP bleeding. I think the pants are a great idea for most folks. I didn't bleed much, but most people bleed a LOT. Either way, incontinence stuff tends to be a much more comfortable material than period pads, and the incontinence pants will definitely keep your bed safe at night.

I bought myself some of the disposable briefs so that i won't ruin any of my underwear for the first couple of weeks after birth :) will probably get more, depends on how much i'm still bleeding heavy for. I just got the normal maternity pads though, couldn't believe how thick they were when i first saw them :haha:

I use disposable pants and maxi pads the Kotex ones say they are suitable for post natal use as they aren't scented or mega absorbent-the gel and super absorbent cover on some incontinence products can be irritating post natally. My OH bought me tena pads by accident a couple of weeks after having my youngest and after a day or so I was begging him to get something like Kotex as the tena just wasn't comfortable at all. I got a sample in the post of the disposable tena pants with pad built in and they are designed to be quite fitted-presumably to avoid any leaks but it would be quite uncomfortable for post natal use and especially if you had a c section or lots of stitches. The mothercare disposable knickers are very generous and roomy, as far as I remember the ASDA ones are identical but don't get the tesco ones they are modelled on skimpy bikini pants, the seams are really scratchy and cutting and the sizing is teeny. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->