incorrect EDD or Fast growing babies??

emeeorevan

Expecting Miracle #3
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am 11w4d with #3 but have two other children at home.
Hear me out please, i know all pregnancies are different but the one thing that mine seem to have in common is that I never get the same EDD when I have an ultrasound. Doc sticks to one EDD but every Ultrasound says the baby is developing beyond that EDD and would move the date up.

With DS#1 natural labor was stopped at "35w" and he was born at 38w through natural labor that took almost 24 hours in the hospital and 6-8 hours uncomfortable labor at home before that. he was 8lbs 20.25inches. Nurses said he was late due to the dark green/gray meconium staining and breathing problems but doc wouldn't agree b/c he had stopped my labor previously. Ped doc said yes he had all the symptoms of a late baby. I had tried to tell my OBGYN that he was off by about two weeks but he showed my the early ultrasounds.

New doc second baby: Doc was shocked when i would budge on my LMP dates bc he said that i would have ovulated very late b/c the baby was only 5w and my LMP should have placed him at 8 at that time. DS#2 was born induced at 38 weeks looking/scoring full term at 8lbs15oz
Same doc as DS#2, But Baby #3 on the way: doc says I am 6w1d on first appointment, two weeks later i am 8w5d according to doc but the baby is 2.6 cm and HB of 180bpm.

I don't go in again until 13w (a weeks and a half away) but my question is does ne1 else have a history of faster than normal growing babies or misdiagnosed delivery dates? Which is more likely? the baby is growing faster than most or the doctors dates were off? Is this common?

I have a friend who had her due date moved a full month back over the course of her pregnancy because her doctor was certain her dates were off. He even stopped her labor at what he said was 34 weeks. She switched doctors after that as she and her DH had moved and her new doctor ended up inducing her the day after her appt (at what the other dr thought was 38 weeks) because she was 2.5 weeks overdue at that point.

If the baby measures bigger then the edd would move forward as in earlier and if the baby measures smaller then the edd would be moved back as in later... do you have it the right way around?
Xx

my due date always gets moved forwards at my NT scans by 2-5 days and then my babies like to come late, the earliest was 40+3 which was actually 40 exact by my LMP Edd but 3 days past term for my scan date, my youngest was a full 42+2 and showed no real sign of post maturity he didnt have much vernix left on his skin and had long nails and his skin was peeling in the days post birth but nothing that looked majorly post dates. Babies tend to arrive when they want. Meconium staining isnt a for sure sign of post dates it could of occured when you went in labour early and then had your labour stopped. i wouldn't say he was large for gestation either my babies at 38 wks would of weighed 8+lbs each. Dates are an estimate after all they are called an Estimated Delivery Date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->