Increased fertility after HSG?

dojenstein

Reaction score
I know this is a controversial topic but I thought I'd get some advice.

I just had my HSG last Friday. Tubes were open. It was extremely painful when they put the dye in so I'm hoping the test flushed any bad stuff out. Who knows. But I'm ovulating now and I feel the cramping much more than usual. We DTD this morning after a positive OPK so I'm really hoping this is our cycle. If not, we're on to Clomid and IUI and I really want to avoid that.

So I was wondering what everyone else's experience has been?

Thanks!

Hi. I had mine mid last year and was very excited to hear that my tubes were open. Unfortunately we never got pregnant but i do know most fall within the 3 months of an HSG, others within 6, so don't get discouraged. A friend of mine fell pregnant on the 2nd month after.

Baby dust to you!

Edit ( i just noticed who i replied to and i swear I'm not stalking you lol) :)

I had mine last march. Did not help. I think if you have any blockages and that is what has been stopping you you have success with it. But still necessary to do to go to the next step. So even if it doesn't work for you just think that your that closer to the next step that will help ya!

Hi. I had mine mid last year and was very excited to hear that my tubes were open. Unfortunately we never got pregnant but i do know most fall within the 3 months of an HSG, others within 6, so don't get discouraged. A friend of mine fell pregnant on the 2nd month after.

Baby dust to you!

Edit ( i just noticed who i replied to and i swear I'm not stalking you lol) :)

Hahhaaha. I don't think you're stalking me. I'm basically stalking the boards today. I'm so impatient.

I heard that if you experience a lot of pain (and I'm usually totally good with pain) it might have cleared something up.

Thanks waiting, you're right, this step does bring us one step closer to the next step and getting our BFP. I was just hoping we could conceive without meds and IUI but I'm preparing myself for that route.

I had it done, they were open, but I didn't get pregnant. I did, however, end up getting pregnant via ivf.

I had HSG done my right side spilled the dye quickly and left side hesitated but still spilled , I was so amazed that both tubes were open I felt like I was in a dream.I did not have much pain with the HSG only period like cramps when she inserted the catheter through the cervix . however it did not help us conceive. I think if you have a mild or partial blockage it can help clear the path which will increase your chance.

I agree with lisap2008.

I had it done, I was clear and it didn't help me.

I would imagine if you have a blockage it helps.

Thanks for all the feedback. My tubes were open but I had extreme pain during the dye part. I'm wondering if it did do something to help open or clear my tubes. I'm only 3DPO so I guess only time will tell....

My tubes were open but it was very painful also, I think its the nature of the test.

Hi i had my HSG done on Monday 05/01/2015 it was really painful after the procedure and i found out that my left tube was open but the right tube was blocked. I went to my Gynae and he said i will still be able to conceive with 1 tube as ovulation alternates but it might take longer i read so many success stories about the HSG and i was hoping that i could be one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->