Increased sense of smell stronger some days than others?

discohospital

Reaction score
I wonder if anybody has noticed their increased sense of smell be strong, then less so? any back and forth in the early weeks?

Any input is greatly appreciated. I've lost 3 at 5-6 wks so everything scares me!:huh:

Im 5 wks now and it feel like my heightened smell lessened in the last 2 days. I hope it isn't a sign of my hcg going down. I had very light, pink spotting also but no cramps.

The Reproductive Endocronologist only wants to do ultrasounds now as that's "the real test" of how the pregnancy is going. He was not concerned with the spotting as my sac was 7mm yesyerday which is fine for 5 wks.

Thank you ladies <3

Did you do ivf or iui? I did ivf. Sensitive smell only started at 10w for me. I had spotting twice due to sch. Spotting or bleeding is common on ivf patients. My sch healed by itself. But yes, I was freak out when it happened and had beta to confirm hcg was increased as it should be and had my progresterone dosage increased. Hope everything is fine with you.

Did you do ivf or iui? I did ivf. Sensitive smell only started at 10w for me. I had spotting twice due to sch. Spotting or bleeding is common on ivf patients. My sch healed by itself. But yes, I was freak out when it happened and had beta to confirm hcg was increased as it should be and had my progresterone dosage increased. Hope everything is fine with you.

Thank you for your reply! We conceived naturally to our surprise (I had and hsg that cycle which may've helped). I should probably ask for another HCG but I'm not sure if they'll agree it's a good idea. The doc would rather stick to ultrasounds -- which I'll get often as I'm considered high risk due to my losses.

I'm hoping maybe I'm just kinda used to the increased smell so it's less obvious...or maybe it's just early days and the symptoms are still flimsy. Hmmm.

Best of luck to you also!!!

Oh ultrasound is better. I did hcg because I was impatient to wait for ultrasound....hehe. I did it a couple of days after my spotting and we saw hb. My spotting had no cramps too. My pregnancy symptoms were lessen for few days then come back but not as strong as before or replaced by other symptoms. It's normal :)

My heightened sense of smell is on and off as well. I'm thankful for that because some days I can't even stand how my hubby smells - I literally can smell his shaving lotion, underarm deo, etc. He's got a great hygiene but I can't stand all those chemical smells! Good luck with your pregnancy - glad you are being watched carefully by your doctors.

Every symptom I have is stronger some days than others. Lots of variation. I think it's pretty normal. I hope this is a sticky one for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->