Indoor Play Areas...

karlilay

Mum of 2 :)
Reaction score
Those of you with older toddlers, do you just let you toddlers go play or do you go in with them?

Madi is 2 and a half, and we went to Rainbows yesterday, its huge. It was for a third birthday party, so there were lots of kids her age. I thought i would just leave her to it at first but i couldnt see her, so i went in to find her. It still panics me when i cant see her even though i know she cant hurt herself. I get terrified she wont sit at the top of one of the big slides or bigger kids will push her. She was fine, she didnt like the slides really but she would have been ok, i just couldnt leave her alone. She always has more fun playing with me than other children and i wonder if i should just sit back and let her get on with it...

Help?!

I know my little girl is younger, but I always follow her around soft plays. Particularly ones where the "junior" area goes up to 4 or 5. There is a huge difference between her size and confidence on her feet, and that of older kids. I almost need to act as a buffer sometimes. Not because kids are mean or anything, but just Roo is so titchy that she gets bowled over easily!

If we are there with friends, then usually me and the other Mum just hang back a bit and let them get on with it, but we do still follow them around.

I dont let Leo go off on his own in play area's as some of the ones round by us have pretty big drops (for a 25 month old) and I'm scared he will fall off a ledge or something. I'm lucky though as I have a 12 year old and a 15 year old that will happily go and accompany him:thumbup:

I generally let her go on her own :)

In the 4+ areas I go with her.

See at this place yesterday there is two seperate areas theres one for little-ees. Which is fine for her age, i let her go on that on her own as i know she is fine.
But there are lots of little ones than her in there and i get scared she will hurt them, although she is so good with other kids.

Then theres a big bit with some mega huge slides and drops... there are much older kids in there too...this is the bit i folloe her around in, but i dont want people to think im over protective, and i really want to encourage her to be independant.

Its a hard one, to big for the little area, to little for the big area.

Shes still my baby lol. xx

The one we go to has a little toddler bit which he goes in on his own but I always sit by the side watching and the big one with loads of climby bits and a huuuge slide I always go in with him I can't stand the thought of him hurting himself or another kid being mean to him and I'm not there he's still only a baby really xx

As long as I can see him and there aren't bigger children running riot (which they're perfectly entitled to do there!) then I let Harvey go in alone. Since I'm the size of a house just now I tend to stick to soft play centres with toddler areas unless OH is with me to follow him around.

if it's a small one where you can see everything
i let her go, if it's a big one i follow her
also depends on how busy it is :flower:

or i take my 13 year old sister and she gets in
there with her :haha:

My children are so crazy for swings and slides. So, I installed an indoor playground for them. One of my colleague told me about these swings and refered a website. They have all types of slides for both the purposes indoor and outdoor.
I feel great to see my kids, they just love this new indoor playground.

It depends on how big the place is and if i think she could do the stuff alone but sometimes even when i know shes mores then capable i do like to go in with her and run about with her lol.

I keep a very close eye on her though even if im not with her

I generally always go in with LO, the place i go to is separated into the unders threes and then the other section is for the bigger kids, but for some reason the older kids (like 7/8) always go into the toddler section, and because they play a lot more 'rougher' than the toddlers i dont want her to get hurt or pushed over, as when the kids are playing they dont tend to look where they are going! lol

If it is a quiet day though, and only toddlers in the toddler area i let her go off, but i sit right on the edge of the play area so i can see her at all times :)

I go in. If Alex falls she'd cry and throw up just with the fright :wacko:

I have been to a total of 3 different play areas and each time I have gone in with her. One place was quite quiet so we sat on a table right next to the play area at intervals and let her get on with it but the other times I have been in with her. One was so quiet it was just me and her on a holiday park and the other was really busy but she played with me and her 3yr old cousin and her aunt. I like that parents can go in, its an excuse to go play on everything too and just have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->