Induction Advice

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by mrsneish2b, Mar 23, 2010.

1. mrsneish2b

mrsneish2b Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies. Im being induced today at 4pm, but we all know that it wont be 4pm lol! my hosp is erm kinda slow on things like this, i had appointment for a growth scan at 36 weeks...4 HOURS we were there for... so i dont expect to have anything exciting happen today, the pessary inserted and thats about it !!
    anyway..

Im nervous, well bricking it really but i wanted to ask, should I eat? should my husband and I have a proper lunch, I know that sounds silly but :blush: I have a huge phobia of vomitting .. and the thought of being sick frightens the hell out of me, ( i know i will at some stage i was violently sick with my DD1,
    what if they offer me a Dinner, as i'll be there when tea comes round, should i take any? I realise it sounds really silly but its praying on my mind that il end up very sick and id rather not have anything to bring up if that makes sense...

xx

2. cupcake

cupcake Mommy of a gorgeous boy!

eat lightly, the truth is if you throw up it might not depend on you eating , but you would rather not eat heavy things. your husband should def have a good meal, might be his last for a while, so he can support you and not be hungry.
    i have seen things like a light soup, or some noodles, etc recommended for before labour.
    I personally feel sick if i dont eat carbs and you need strength for labour - like you said it could take a while even 2 days so..
    good luck!

3. mrsneish2b

aww thank you , thats what i was wondering, if soup and bread would be ok? that way its just liquid really,
    I know how my body reacts to pretty much anything and its always with nausea lol! espec as it can be a side effect of the drugs i'll get, because of my phobia ive never allowed hubby near me when i've been ill even when i had extreme morning sickness lol! so im nervous about him seeing me like that, he wont care tho,
    god im such a wuss, here i am going to have my baby and im worried about if im sick...

thank you x

4. cupcake

cupcake Mommy of a gorgeous boy!

no ure not a wuss, i also dont want to be sick, i hate it, i think u will be good with bread and soup. I didnt vomit with my induction. I didnt use gas and air or pethedine, i had an epidural which my only reaction to was itchiness.

5. graciebaby

graciebaby Well-Known Member

Aww good luck hun. I personally couldn't eat when i went in to be induced, just felt really sick at the thought of it. I'm sure you'l be fine tho hun, prob have something light and just take a few nibbles with you if things don't progress quickly. :hugs:

6. mrsneish2b

my oh is away to asda to get wee fruit salads and small dry things like cereal bars and crackers, im even that scared i feel like refusing any drugs :wacko: pain relief ones, i know i'l need them tho, i guess i need to see how i feel once im there!
    I must get a positive frame of mind, women have been having babies forever lol im not going to die so thats something lol thanks for letting me rabbit on! x

7. lynnikins

lynnikins Well-Known Member

you should be ok to eat as you shouldnt get any nausea till they put up a drip (if they do ) or give you pictocin which you can turn down or gas and air can make some people funny, personally its not something that makes me feel nausous. i ate apple crumble and custard during my labour with DS and Mum ate the sausage cassarole they brought around for me caus i couldnt face tomatos due to heartburn issues, its a good thing i did though he wasnt born for 8 hours after that and i needed every last ounce of energy,