Induction and water birth

mama2b

Mummy & TTC
Reaction score
Happy Easter everyone !

I was just wondering if you are induced can you still have a water birth ?

I really want a water birth and obviously as the pool can't be booked I won't know until I go into labour if I can use it or not but I was think if I end up being induced as I & the hospital will know in advance which day this will happen then surely I can have the pool (again if no1 else jumps in before me lol) but I wasn't sure if you can have a water birth if you have to be induced, does anyone know ? xx

I think if i remember correctly that you cant go in the birthing pool if you've been induced :( I may be wrong.. Best person to ask if your midwife of corse!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OMG I am going to have to start the eviction process now !!!

As i said i might be wrong, see what other girls say first but dont get ya hopes up :( I was interested in using the birthing pool and im sure i asked about this when i went on my labour ward tour.

I really REALLY want a water birth too.. or at least an active labour in the birthing pool.. but it is looking increasingly likely that I will be induced :cry:

I'm hoping my sweep on Wednesday will do the job and my plans can still go ahead!

Lets keep our fingers crossed eh hun

xx

We need to get these babas out NOW !!!!

The annoying thing is I have had no signs at all, I have decided im not feeding baby any easter eggs today as punishment for not coming out !

All I've had is some plug coming away but it has been doing that for WEEEEEKS. Not even had any BH :hissy:

Come on babies.. easter is such a lovely time to come!!!

x

I definitely can't have a water birth if I am induced as the birthing pool is at the MLU and I can't be induced there, only the hospital. Not sure how it works if there is a pool at the hospital though.

Sorry, not much help!

Awww bless its so unfair, i am still undecided about water birth, they have one at the maternity unit but I wanted to see how i felt nearer time, but unfortunatly i reckon this little one is going to go overdue and i may need a bit of help, i dont think this eviction thing is working :cry:

COME ON BABYS!!!

i think it depends on diff hospitals hun! but the birthing pool is in the midwife led unit in my hospital and if i have 2 b induced then they put u thru consultant led where there isnt 1! so it would be a no for me! but u should fne them and ask!

nup eviction is not working at this end! im giving up now, its such a dissappointment when nothing happens, so im deciding to just forget it and wait ( HA see how long i last b4 im complaining again)

xxx

Happy Easter everyone !

I was just wondering if you are induced can you still have a water birth ?

I really want a water birth and obviously as the pool can't be booked I won't know until I go into labour if I can use it or not but I was think if I end up being induced as I & the hospital will know in advance which day this will happen then surely I can have the pool (again if no1 else jumps in before me lol) but I wasn't sure if you can have a water birth if you have to be induced, does anyone know ? xx

I dont think so, if I remember right you have to go yourself, although I mite be wrong x

We need to get these babas out NOW !!!!

The annoying thing is I have had no signs at all, I have decided im not feeding baby any easter eggs today as punishment for not coming out !

I was due on 9th too :hissy: and hoping for a water birth, but not sure about if you can use it after an induction. Don't give up hope yet, you don't necessarily need any signs, I didn't with my first 2. I just woke up with regular pains every 5 mins, plug, waters, clearout, pains everything all in one go. Straight to hospital and in active labour. It could all just happen at any minute!

With this one I've been losing plug and having pains and symptoms for the last 3 weeks!! I've lost count of the number of false alarms I've had!

I think these babies are all starting to take the p*ss! I think I'd settle for giving birth on the toilet right now!

You cant usually have a water birth when you are induced as they need to monitor the baby closely and they cant in the pool :(

Merv's mum is correct.

They don't like having you in the pool if you have been induced because they can't monitor the baby.

I lost that right when I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes, I still can't have a water birth whether or not I start naturally.

Hiya,
I wasn't allowed a water birth when I was induced - they said it was because I had to be monitored more closely even though I wasn't on a drip. If you are induced you are more likely to need to go on a drip to help contractions and if you are on that they have to put you on the monitor to make sure baby is coping with it.
It might differ from hospital to hospital though!

Labour dust for all those over due! xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->