induction during norovirus.. eeek :(

ukgirl23

Pregnant with a rainbow
Reaction score
I have the d&v bug.. I caught it from my little boy :( well I also have pregnancy induced hypertension and pre eclampsia.. yesterday a midwife come out to my house and took my bp which was 139/94 and took my bloods which showed really bad results on my bp.. so this morning they are making me go in for tests and possibly induce me :(

I know this is best for my baby.. I had plus three of protein in my urine too... but Im feeling absolute shit.. I feel sick off and on and have barely eaten for three days and now I have to go push a possible 8lb baby out... Im scared I dont have the energy to do it :( Im in the worst position possible to give birth right now but I have no choice :(

sorry for the vent Im so scared x

Oh hun, many hugs... It is absolutely normal to be scared, I'm sending you good vibes for today! I'm sure everything will be fine and they will take good care of you and the baby. Please try to relax though, because stress makes BP worse!!! I wish there was something I could do <3
I'm thinking of you today!

thanks lily Im just trying to come to terms with it I wish I wasnt so poorly :( Im excited to meet Ben though Im trying tonthink of the positives xx

Focus on little Benson, daydream about cuddling him etc... It is very comforting and it will help loads with the BP!

Sending you positive vibes and goodluck with the whole process.x

Aw hun that must be so awful for you, I really feel for you. Is it letting up at all? Are you still vomiting etc? Hopefully today is a better day for you and you start to gain a bit of strength back. Try your best to eat something to give you strength and drink some energy drinks. It seems unfair that they want to induce you before your body can recover but I suppose with pre e they have to. Big hugs :hugs: xxx

Hope you go ok today :flower: any chance they will wait till the virus has passed before inducing you? :hugs: really feel for you :hugs: xx

im waiting for a bed then they will induce me my bp was up to 138/97 so safer to deliver now.. had a show this morning but im not progressed enough to wait xx

Good luck! Sorry it has to happen while you're sick :(

Is there any chance you can refuse the induction and ask them to keep you in and monitor your blood pressure and give you fluids until your D&V has cleared and you have some energy. Going into labour is hard work, doing it in the middle of a stomach bug is not a good starting point. :(

no my bp is dangerously high and my blood results are bad too. I have to do whats best for baby so here we go :( going in at 4pm for induction x

The drip they give you will perk you up hun. I always feel great when admitted to hospital ill I always notice when the drip runs out as I feel like hell again so hopefully thathelps you, good luck you will find the will and energy x

What a horrible situation :( are they not worried about the baby getting noro too?

maybe the extra fluids will help you:) i know you feel crap, which sucks!, but think about meeting you little man! thats sure to cheer you up! good luck hun:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->