Induction looking likely :-( UPDATED :-)

MrsKTB

Mummy to Henry
Reaction score
So, after 2bloody shows almost 3 weeks apart, 2nd sweep tomorrow, all the old wives tales tried and failed....still no sign of labour.....induction will be booked tomorrow for either fri or sat...so that'll be my home birth (which I've had to fight so bloody hard for) out of the window!

What else can I try? I'm trying so hard not to stress about it, I know that wont be helping......but it's so hard!

See my post below!!!

Is your ticker correct? If so I would turn down the induction until atleast 42 weeks and ask to be monitered x

My son was born at 40+10, there's still time. Plus you do still have a choice. I didn't realise when I had my son that if I'd got to 42 weeks I could have had monitoring rather than induction!

Try to relax (easier said than done I know but it will help!) oh and my mw said the only thing that really works is :sex:

Is your ticker correct? If so I would turn down the induction until atleast 42 weeks and ask to be monitered x

This!
It's exactly what i did and even though i didn't give birth until 41+5 with DS2, i am SOOOO glad i declined the induction and went for monitoring instead.

Remember, 40 weeks is only an estimate. Request monitoring so everyone knows the baby is doing fine and then be patient. You don't HAVE to be induced. You have to consent. Now if there are any other medical reasons (pre-e, etc) that I don't about then that's different. But for a normal healthy pregnancy there is nothing wrong with waiting and letting your baby choose his own birthday.

my eldest was 41+6 and second was 41+4 when they arrived id turn down the induction till after 42 wks and insist on monitoring instead

So, just to update!!! I didn't have my second sweep in the end. I scrubbed my kitchen floors and hoovered the stairs.... George was born at home that evening!!!

Had a few niggles from around 5.30pm, called hubby at 6.20 and said 'come home from work, these niggles feel real', 7pm called home birth team, 7.30 got in bath, 7.45 midwives arrived, 8.30 got in half empty birth pool as it was filling, 8.58 waters broke and head delivered, 9pm (1push) rest of him delivered!

Proud mummy to another little boy... George!

So, just to update!!! I didn't have my second sweep in the end. I scrubbed my kitchen floors and hoovered the stairs.... George was born at home that evening!!!

Had a few niggles from around 5.30pm, called hubby at 6.20 and said 'come home from work, these niggles feel real', 7pm called home birth team, 7.30 got in bath, 7.45 midwives arrived, 8.30 got in half empty birth pool as it was filling, 8.58 waters broke and head delivered, 9pm (1push) rest of him delivered!

Proud mummy to another little boy... George!

:yipee: congratulations!!!! how wonderful!
So happy for you! And you got to doge an induction. yay!

Well done :) So pleased you didn't have to fight for your home birth x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->