induction on 1st jan

lisaboo79

Reaction score
it would appear i dont have much choice, thats when i hit the 38 week mark and they aint letting it go past then, i tried to ask questions about it today but the consultant pretty much brushed off any questions i had, because of the GD i have to go to the hospital xmas eve, boxing day, wednesday (this one includes a sweep) and then being induced on friday, on a day when my fella (cant drive) and family cant get there cos there is no public transport and taxis would be a fortune, im really scared im gonna be on my own,in fact im scared of the whole thing even if my fella comes in with me they wont let him stay, it says so in the hospitals leaflet, what a stupid day to have it on, even if it was the day after it would be better, i came away from the hospital feeling like crying

Poor you, that's awful. You could always refuse to go on Friday, I know it doesn't sound wise but what difference can one day make compared with you having to go through it alone and OH possibly missing the birth of his baby? I had a similar conversation with my OH, it's looking likely that I've got GD (1 clear, 1 bordeline, glucose in wee today and another GTT 29/12) and I really don't want to give birth in hosp (prefer midwife led unit) or be induced. Got myself really upset and OH said it is up to me, they can't make me have any treatment I don't want. I'd definitely consider putting it off for a day. I hope everything works out for you whatever you decide xx

i asked once and they said no way, not past 38 weeks which is the friday, im gonna ask again but i wont hold my breathe i actually felt like the consultant felt it was a bit of a chore talking to me about it, baby is fine, even if he may be a little small, she reckons that there is only a small chance of it turning into a cesarian, but from what i have read its quite a good chance, its just a ridiculous day to have it! who wants to be there on new years day, i doubt even the staff want to be

Are you on insulin? Im diet controlled and they originally told me 38 weeks too, now they are saying maybe they will leave me until 40 weeks and induce then if no show. I have to go in tomorrow to see if my cervix is favourable as the MW said they wont even think about inducing me until i am favourable..so im couldnt/wouldnt they put it off for a day so you can have someone with you..its in your best interests to have someone with you, so you could argue you case..

If they insist on not going over 38 weeks, what about a day or two early? I know it's not ideal but maybe a better compromise for your peace of mind xx

i am on a small dose of insulin in the evening and thats it really, because my diet was ok that was the option for me, i will ask them but tbh they were just non responsive today, and i felt quite sad when i left, my fella says he will walk if he has to lol, though its quite far

im thinkin i may just try a hot curry on sat night, see if that pushes things along at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->