Induction when late

marley2580

Reaction score
Hi, I've been following the girls in the 3rd trimester forum who are all late and I've been interested to see that most people are in favour of induction due to going over your due date. This is a topic I'm quite interested in as carrying babies late runs in my family - my mum was 2-3 weeks late with all of us, my aunty was 3 weeks late with her daughter, and my sister was 1 week late (but she's the black sheep of the family lol).

I've always thought that induction should only really be used if the baby is in distress, and that you can keep an eye on things with monitoring. People keep telling me that as you go overdue the placenta stops working properly, but as far as I can tell it's only a small risk and that some women naturally carry their babies later than others. I've even heard that if you live in a colder climate, you are more likely to go overdue.

So I guess I'm just curious about what other people think about induction because of being overdue? :hi:

I got induced for medical reasons and shall be getting induced again or the same ...

Im more for inductions than i am for elective c-sections.

i was induced on my second only because my waters broke and baby was at risk to infection but i would prefer to be induced and labour going than waiting upon waiting as most mothers get really fed up towards the end of pregnancy hopefully i wont need to be induced and with a sweep tomorrow hopefully i will have her before wednesday but they way its looking so far it could be wednesday that i have to be induced ive never gone this long the longest ive been overdue is by 2 days and im now 6 days over

if you dont want to be induced talk to your midwife as the risk do get higher the longer you are over due with placenta as it does slow down but scans and being monitored will be able to say

good luck

spunkyxxx

I have nothing against Inductions but would rather go naturally as long as baby is ok.
My midwife said that there can be complications with the placenta and they will do regular scans to check it over but you shouldn't let it worry you too much.
I think it's important to be as informed as you can and take your time to make a decision that's right for you.

I have an appointment on tuesday (Term + 13) and will have a scan to check the liquor around the baby, if the measurements are fine then I can leave it and just be checked over every 2 days but I won't be scanned every time.

So I want to see what tuesday brings and take it from there. But If nothings happening I'll probably ask to be induced by the thursday.

Cx

i was induced mith my second baby on my due date because every week i cried wanting this baby out of me, couldnt sleep couldnt breath and basicly i was a pain in the bum for the MW's cos all i done was moaned and found it really uncomfortable to be pregnant (full term) so they gave in and induced me on my due date :happydance:

I have never gone into labor on my own and on top of that my babies are big 9 and 10 pounds. Because of that induction as been my only choice of action. This one is going to be a scheduled C-Section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->