induction?

HannahGraceee

*Hanny Spammy*
Reaction score
What happens in induction?

and can i go home after?

can my birthing partners stay with me if i cant go home?

When i was induced I was asked to come in on the sunday evening. I was given a pessery(sp) inserted up there to try and soften the cervix etc... That didnt help much and I was checked the nxt day. (Monday) I was due to get taken down at some point Monday to haave my waters broken. There were no spaces for me as alot of emergencies came in. So i stayed overnight again in hopes that tueesday would be my day. With another pessery inserted up there. That seemed to soften things a bit for me and I started ddilating etc.

I was woken up on tues morning at 8am and advised they were ready for me in the labour suite.

I went down and OH came to the hosp and we began. I had my waters broken for me. Which truely did NOT hurt even thought people go on about how sore and uncomfortable it is.

They were going to put me on a drip once my waters had broken to start the contractions off stronger etc... but it ended up I did not need them. They were comin on strong annd fast on their own :)

By half past 3 that afternoon Elinor was born. I never got to go home as I had complications afer the birth (NOTHING to do with the induction etc its just the way my body unfortunately copes with after birth) and had to go into theatre etc I was in the hospital for a week.

So as far as if you can get out after it etc is concerned I am not too sure sorry

But the induction etc itself is absolutly fine :)

:hugs:

hope any of that helped you at all xxx

This is how i had it explained to me today.

IF you are 2-3 cms dialated, they do not need to put in the hormone tablet to soften you up, and can go in straight to breaking ur waters and putting you on the drip

IF you arent dilated, you can have up to 2 hormone tablets a day and it can take 2 day to get you there

My hospital policy is people can not stay with you out of visiting hours unless you are in extablished labour, ie 3/4 cms dialated and having regular contractions

So it all depends on the inital internal examination hunny and i supose ur hospitals visiting procedure

ooo hannah thanks for posting this I have been really wondering how its all going to work to. I think with me already being dialated and on sunday being 70% effaced I might just be able to have my waters broken then put on drip if contractions dont pick up enough on there own. But I do know at least here once your induction starts you cant go home but my OH is allowed to stay with me as we have whats called a birthing pavillion where you do labor delivery and post partum all in the same room. I know a lot of places over there dont have that option though. But we are allowed I think one overnight visitor as long as they are not overbooked and have to double up rooms and then we can have more visitors throughout the day from I think 8 in the morning till 8 or 9 at night...
Hoping I can here more induction stories though as I am very nervous and fairly positive she is NOT coming on her own.

with 1st son my waters went sunday morning and contractions didn't come regular at all, they were just random. i was checked on the tuesday and was only 2cms/3cms which ever is the 1cm under active labour. my then partner wasn't allowed to stay with me unless visiting hours, we just ended up walking and walking around the hospital all day/evening or sitting outside the ward until like 10pm at night. tue evening i was started off on drip and then he was allowed to stay with me.

not sure about beingable to go home with non drip inductions, but i wasn't allowed, couldn't move at all as i was continuosly monitored and hooked up to machines so moving would knock babys heartbeat off which they closely monitor cause it can make babies get distressed.

xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"